Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SELL,SELL,SELL after 1st March...SOLD,SOLD,SOLD?????

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
In 2016, I deliberately bought a VF2 Holden ute
I bought a 2008 VE SV6 Ute and is now 12 years old and still in show room condition....it has 96,000Kms on the clock...no hassles with the motor...except the oil change at every 8,000Kms/6 months regardless of Kms travelled. etc. etc.
The ute being built on the Statesman chassis has a very large payload in the back....which has carted motor bikes, wood, furniture, palates of goods etc. etc.
Now if you buy a twin cab it has a very short payload and everything has to be hanging out over the tailgate and not only that the twin cab has a higher centre of gravity and more selectable to roll overs....where as the ute hugs the tarmac and stays upright.

If you have a Holden UTE of any vintage....keep it...it was the best investment that GHM ever created and will still be in high demand in years to come.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I bought a 2008 VE SV6 Ute and is now 12 years old and still in show room condition....it has 96,000Kms on the clock...no hassles with the motor...except the oil change at every 8,000Kms/6 months regardless of Kms travelled. etc. etc.
The ute being built on the Statesman chassis has a very large payload in the back....which has carted motor bikes, wood, furniture, palates of goods etc. etc.
Now if you buy a twin cab it has a very short payload and everything has to be hanging out over the tailgate and not only that the twin cab has a higher centre of gravity and more selectable to roll overs....where as the ute hugs the tarmac and stays upright.

If you have a Holden UTE of any vintage....keep it...it was the best investment that GHM ever created and will still be in high demand in years to come.
Too true mate...they’re unique and true icons of Aussie motoring history!

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Too true mate...they’re unique and true icons of Aussie motoring history!
I see on the News/Updates on this forum....that a bloke was in Wangaratta 2 weeks ago and there was a Holden Dealership in the main street of town and the only thing left was some Holden Sign's....The Dealership had already closed it's doors!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I see on the News/Updates on this forum....that a bloke was in Wangaratta 2 weeks ago and there was a Holden Dealership in the main street of town and the only thing left was some Holden Sign's....The Dealership had already closed it's doors!
Now that you mention it, wouldn’t mind getting hold of a couple of authentic ‘Holden’ signs...would be great for the shed...

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
For what it is worth... I was recently scouting around some ZB demos. A Calais and an RS. The guy who organised the purchase of my VF was on duty and we had a good chat. Some things he mentioned...
- Late model VFs are still selling strongly whenever they get a good quality low km car on the lot. Values on VFs haven't seemed to have been affected all that much.
- ZBs are still selling but very slowly and the supply is now running out. Demos will become rare on the ground in the next month and once the stock in holding yards is depleted they are all gone. Prices on ZBs have tanked. I could have bought an '18 Calais (around 7000km on the ODO) today for $28,500 drive away. That's a huge drop on the original price and the price which would have applied had GM not pulled the plug.
- Colorados are selling okay and the discount is not huge.
- Equinox and Arcadia are like icebergs frozen in the sea...they aren't selling all that well despite discounts.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

I've got best of both VE SS ute 36500kms and ford ranger(supercar) traytop, but one drives so much better

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I believe the really slow sellers (yes Martha, some Holdens actually sell faster than others) will be the ones with really big discounts at the end of the clear out. Commodores will be gone, Colorados too but Trailblazer, Trax, Equinox and Acadia? Wonder which one will be the last to clear? And how low will they go? The initial discounts may not be enough to sway buyers to buy these orphans. They haven't sold well while the company existed. Once it's gone? Is the public conception about Holden now so bad that some of their products will have to be reduced in price to absurd levels to clear them? Interesting.