Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SELL,SELL,SELL after 1st March...SOLD,SOLD,SOLD?????

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Holden has instructed their dealerships to discount their Holden Sedans by thousands of $$$ from the 1st March 2020.
I know of 2 dealerships that don't have any new VF Holdens for sale....only second hand ones.
That is what I would say a load of bull dust....will they take $$$ off second hand units...if no trade in you may get a discount....if you have a trade in you will get ripped off for the original price of the second hand unit.

I have a VF SV6 brand new that was straight off the assembly line in Oct 2013 probably one of the first.

The recommended price in Oct 2013 of the SV6 was $38,190 ( ex.GST ) this was already discounted by GM on the release of the VF. ( Remember? )
I got $3000 discount on a Westpac GM Credit card (which I paid off entirely each due date ) (Remember?)
I got an extra $500 discount for playing in the Holden Scramble Golf (This was $1000 in the early Scramble Days ) (Remember? )
I got $1,400 for no trade as I sold my VY privately.

So all up $4900 taken off the original price of $38190 - $4900 = $ 33,290.

If you think they will discount a new VF by say $5,000 after 1st march if they have any for sale....you must have rocks in the head!.....my 2 Bobs worth.
Check in the boot...probably have a balloon tyre or a fly spray kit....or at worse a used tyre.

Last edited:

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
If they don't discount a 3 year old "new car" by a lot more than $10,000, they can keep the depreciating heap of sh!t. !!!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I got $3000 discount on a Westpac GM Credit card (which I paid off entirely each due date ) (Remember?)

Yeah, I remember them. Good value back in the day. I ‘saved’ $18K by using it …. 1 Frontera, 1 Colorado, 3 Barinas, and the CV8 within the family.
But Westpac gave me incorrect advice about the card around 2006 (?). I had $4.5K Holden credit on it, and Westpac told me that the card was being withdrawn, no more credit would accrue, and that credit had to be used ASAP, or forfeited.
I forfeited the $4.5K when I cancelled the card, which didn’t matter because I have not bought a new Holden since, thereby being part of the reason Holden are gone.

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
I went to three Holden dealerships today.

First one spent 20mins looking around all the new/demo cars that were discounted were locked up, didn’t get bothered by one salesman though.

Second one wasn’t in the yard for 5 mins, female sales rep came out asked if I was buying today said no, said I was keen to check some out she gave me her card and went back inside, all the demo\new cars again were locked up.

Third dealership the discount prices were minimal compared to the first two spent 30mins having a walk around demo/new cars had final prices on them, cars were all open but didn’t get bothered by one salesman.

I did some Carsales enquires on cars I was interested in and ask is this the lowest price and will further discounting be applied come March, every sales person I spoke to said no. Pretty sure they will try and fleece the unsuspecting buyer

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Yeah, I remember them. Good value back in the day. I ‘saved’ $18K by using it …. 1 Frontera, 1 Colorado, 3 Barinas, and the CV8 within the family.
But Westpac gave me incorrect advice about the card around 2006 (?). I had $4.5K Holden credit on it, and Westpac told me that the card was being withdrawn, no more credit would accrue, and that credit had to be used ASAP, or forfeited.
I forfeited the $4.5K when I cancelled the card, which didn’t matter because I have not bought a new Holden since, thereby being part of the reason Holden are gone.

I used the Westpac $3k rebate when I bought a VE in 2010, so they definitely gave you some poor advice! I ditched them not long after they scrapped the program... terrible bank they are.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had the same problem when Westpac closed down the GM rebate....probably by GM also because they were losing money....I bought many new Holden's ( they had to be brand new not second hand ) over the years with the rebate for myself and families and they then extended to friends also....they then changed it over to a Mastercard a couple of years ago....and the only reason I stayed with them as I have a credit of $18,500 with them...being on my last legs.....where are you going to get credit like this these days....more like $1,000 now.....I think they still have the rebate...but you have to amass quite a sizeable lot of points to buy a ZB.

I still had $2500 credit before they closed it down...and I offered it to long distant relatives and friends ( you know the people that come out of the woodwork when you win Lotto )….but no takers....as I offered it on the proviso that I go halves with the rebate....trying to make a Quid on the side for myself.....it was forfeited in the long run....so sad.

Westpac have a great deal now if you amass 5000 points....you can apply for a reward of $25 off your Annual fee...I have 2 lots $25 credited to my account now.....top marks to Westpac for being so generous...!@#$%^&*

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Enjoyed 7x$3k over the years on new Commodores including our current 2 VFs. Also $3k to my Dad for his VF and $1.5k to a nephew for his Colorado. Wasn’t hard to rack up 150k points in a bit over a year just by putting everything on the card and paying it off monthly.

These days I use it for Woolies vouchers...150k pts gets approx $640 off groceries...hardly the $3k value I used to get but better than a kick in the teeth even after paying a couple hundred a year for the card fees.

Remember the good ol days tho when you could get $3k off any Holden? That came to an end when reportedly people were buying Barinas (was it the SB?) for like $11k DA, claiming their $3k rebate on top of that then selling the car almost immediately and turning a profit...haha, the good ol days!!

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
.hardly the $3k value I used to get but better than a kick in the teeth even after paying a couple hundred a year for the card fees.
I only pay $55 a year for the now revamped Westpac Altitude Mastercard....I had the GM card as soon as it was issued way back in the good old days...and they kept badgering me to increase the credit limit...which I did....hence the $18,500 limit...when I had secured employment...however when they changed me over to the Mastercard....they indicated that the Annual Fee would remain at $55 a year....great news....as credit card Annual Fees can range up to hundreds of dollars these days.

Now that I work for the Commonwealth Government ( Age Pension Hi Hi ) there would be no way that any Credit Company would give you $18,500 credit limit these days when you are unemployed and no one wishes to hire you...you now become a liability to be employed....even though I am as strong as the malee bull with no medical complaints.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Now that I work for the Commonwealth Government ( Age Pension Hi Hi ) ...you now become a liability to be employed

As my previous employer discovered. I was working 'when required' but when I turned 70, his Workers Comp Insurance would have increased just to have me on the payroll occasionally.