Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

selling my car...

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Hi

I’m looking at selling my car. I have 18” mags, a good sound system and it’s a VT with 96000 on the clock. Just wondering how I would get the most money for it. should I sell the mags, stereo and car separately or just leave it as is and sell it that way?

Thanks for any advice

Phil

PS, I wasn’t sure if this should go in the buy/sell section or not.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
well with the car market these days u wouldnt get alot, you may think u would because of wheels and stereo and low k's but yeah, id say dealerships would say no more than $5,000 trade-in, your better off selling it privately, have a look at redbook.com.au tells you privately how much its roughly worth which should give an idea

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
dephilile said:
Hi

I’m looking at selling my car. I have 18” mags, a good sound system and it’s a VT with 96000 on the clock. Just wondering how I would get the most money for it. should I sell the mags, stereo and car separately or just leave it as is and sell it that way?

Thanks for any advice

Phil

PS, I wasn’t sure if this should go in the buy/sell section or not.

Because of the VE hitting the market, commodores will drop in price a little second hand I think.

Definitely sell it private sale and leave the stereo in it and depending on how much you like the mags, leave em on. If you wanna keep em for your next car then keep them.

But I would say due to low km's if the interior matches the amount of km's then probably $11,500-$12,500 asking price?

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
1991_Vn2nV said:
Because of the VE hitting the market, commodores will drop in price a little second hand I think.

Definitely sell it private sale and leave the stereo in it and depending on how much you like the mags, leave em on. If you wanna keep em for your next car then keep them.

But I would say due to low km's if the interior matches the amount of km's then probably $11,500-$12,500 asking price?

Yeah, the interior looks new. I’ve looked after it well.

Sadly I won’t be getting another commodore due to ridiculous fuel prices that are just gonna get worse so I won’t be hanging onto my mags for my next car.

Thanks for the advice guys.