Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selling options

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
If I wanted top dollar for my VE SS how should I sell it privately in the local paper, on ebay, by auction?

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
My concerns with selling that way are joyriders.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Fixed price auction with car auction place.
Local paper
Local notice board
Local clubs
Internet (many sites)

Good luck on selling a big car for top dollar.

Have you got an idea what car yards are offering? This will be you starting point.

And remember the longer you wait the less you will get as the Kruddy economy crumbles around us and new car prices keep getting slashed.

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Which auctioneers have you heard of in the Brisbane area? Hey top dollar is a relative term. Getting what I paid for it would be a plus, getting substantially more than what a salesman will offer for trade is a mandatory.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Do you have Pickles up that way? It costs a bit to sell at some of the auction yards - but some have no sale no charge. If you put a reasonable reserve on it you can get some bids from punters and if it fails to reach your price you can work with the highest bidder if they are still around.

From memory it can cost between 300 and 500 to sell a car via auction.

The car yard buyers are there all the time and will be the bottom price (often better than what they offer as a trade in price), then all you need is a few private buyers to have a bid and you get a reasonable price for your car.

Get lucky and 2 people are after what your selling and you get a very good price.

Private sale should always get the best price for your car - but can cost a lot in adds if you run them for 4 or 5 weeks with an over priced offering. There is not too many buyers out there at the moment and those that are buying are driving the prices to what they want.

My brother just picked up a black VE Calais with the V options with 13,000 kms for 28k. (car yard)

Last edited:

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Yes I've found the Pickles website and they have a location in the northern suburbs - thanks.

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Pickles charge a A$160 fee and A$600 for selling it (which I think means if they sell it). Mine is an October 2007 VE SS Auto with 12,000km so can I get ideas on what it's worth?