Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selling up and moving on

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
sell private, they only offered $500 so your not really going to miss that on a new triton, even if it takes you a few weeks to sell for $3-4k after a detail its only $500 more you have to pay on the ute. I'd buy it for a $1000 just to put the berlina parts on my wagon

Bets thing to do is take it over the pits, find out what needs to be done and see if it's worth fixing/selling. If it is get it roadworthy and clean it up and sell for a few grand.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Don't forget if you've squeezed out the most discount from your triton then they are offering you what the commodore is worth to them.

Get a $5000 discount on new car and offer $500 for trade in...

Give $2500 discount on car and offer $3000 trade in on car... to them? Same **** different numbers.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
My brothers work traded a WH Statesman with a new engine and trans(Done 20,000 klms) for $750 with 12 months rego
Yes,LS1

milney

Reaction score
Ended up selling the commodore, $1000 no reg no rwc. Had heaps of interest on gumtree, ended up pulling the ad less than an hour after being advertised... Might have been too cheap hah, still happy with the price I got compared to the dealer offer and considering the (minimal) effort involved.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
Redbook says (6 cyl, sedan) -
Private Price Guide $3,700 - $5,300
* Trade In Price Guide $1,600 - $3,200
* Average Km 180,000 - 300,000

Dealers need to mark cars up by $3,000, to cover their costs & overheads.
So, that's $3,000 that a private seller can make for himself, by not selling to a dealer.
Selling a car that is unroadworthy is not good for maximizing the sale price.
Buyers want a car that they can drive away: not to spend a few weeks identifying faults, and rectifying them.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
At the end of the day its a vx, everyone saying he could get around 4000 if it had rego, well there's vy's for around that mark now.
In my opinion 1000 for a unrego vx is a good sale and abit of a risk on the buyers end,
because dont forget by the time they clean it up and fix whatever's wrong with it and get rego they could of spent 3000+ on it.
And pfffft I wouldnt go of redbook...Thats just a guideline for a price kind of thing

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
In the end though a buy at 1000 bucks. You would still make that back in parts easily, if it turned out it needed far to much to fix up.

yeah but how much time and effort does that take? ive done it with a vs, you have to make ad's online, deal with people messing you around, have a half striped car in your yard for god knows how long, not worth it when for $1000 you can find a car running with a bit or rego