Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selling Wheels Advice

MilkBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have some old Speedy Hammers with Goodyear F1's from an old car that I want to sell (They don't fit on my current car) and a person i was going to sell them to wanted them for $400.

The thing is I paid over $1,800 for the whole set, and this person wants me to take off over $300 per wheel.

The wheels are practically brand new, Tread wear is non existent (meaning it still has all it's tread), and absolutely zero gutter rash/damage, (I'll give them a thorough clean when I eventually sell them).

So, what price should I ask for, should i tell this person no deal?

(pic attached)

Cheers
177.jpeg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Don't know the wheel or Tyre brand or size but assuming the rims run true, as a general rule I’ve always felt 1/2 the best retail price minus a % for tyre wear would be a reasonable price. Selling at such a price should see them move to a new home without taking forever. So maybe $700 for the lot.

To me $400 seems a too cheap but maybe your not getting calls cause you’ve asked too much ;)which begs the question have you advertised them and for how much (no I’m not interested in buying them)?

Just keep in mind that if you’ve advertised for a reasonable price and he’s the only one that’s interested, $400 may be better than stepping around those annoying wheels stacked in the corner of the garage :rolleyes:

MilkBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Don't know the wheel or Tyre brand or size but assuming the rims run true, as a general rule I’ve always felt 1/2 the best retail price minus a % for tyre wear would be a reasonable price. Selling at such a price should see them move to a new home without taking forever. So maybe $700 for the lot.

To me $400 seems a too cheap but maybe your not getting calls cause you’ve asked too much ;)which begs the question have you advertised them and for how much (no I’m not interested in buying them)?

Just keep in mind that if you’ve advertised for a reasonable price and he’s the only one that’s interested, $400 may be better than stepping around those annoying wheels stacked in the corner of the garage :rolleyes:

Haven't put them up for sale yet, I know the "buyer" personally.
I'm going to ask for $650, and if they say no, I'll put them up for $650. I'm in no rush to sell them, so I'll wait for a good offer.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
ebay/gumtree put up $800 with make an offer.
If someone wants them they make an offer.
You don`t have to take the offer.
Good luck