Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Semi Slicks

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Look for some cheap 15x7 cop car steelies and then you will fit a 235 wide tyre nicely which should fit most commodores wheel arches. Mickey Thompson et street radials are the best tyre without needing front runners.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
biggest on 15x6 is what 225 isnt it? which really isnt that big

are front runners really important?

Edit: worth putting slicks on my 19"s ?

front runners are only compulsory when running on full slicks. And the you need a tailshaft loop as well.

I think slicks for 19" would be quite expensive. Just go to your local tyre shop (not a big one like good year or bridgestone) and ask for some 15x7s. They wont charge much.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Not at all worth the effort putting a slick on anything over a 16 for drag racing. You need a soft and large sidewall which is opposite to any low profile tyre. Circuit tyres have stiff sidewalls and rarely are as soft as drag tyres. I run semi slick circuit tyres on my VN full time and they are shite compared to my et streets at the drags.

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Dij - don't be a pussy. Ditch those big rims and invest in some 15's. I run a 15" 255 MT ET as you know. Kick arse tyre and only $300 each, so not that dear.