Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Senator 215i

pancake

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS215i
See Pics at :
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww287/lamssv/215i/?albumview=slideshow

After looking for an original clean VS Caprice, Senator with a 215 stroker for over 6 months I stumbled across this one at ....... A Toyota car yard in Newcastle NSW! (I live in VIC.)They had just put it on the web on a Friday and I phoned and left a deposit on the Saturday Morning, then flew up from Melbourne the following week to check her out - and drove her home.

It become obsessive compulsive checking the web almost daily after missing a really nice HSV Caprice 215i and regretting it! I love the long wheelbase versions.

After I was back in Melbourne, I phoned the grandpa that owned her and he said that he had owned her for the past 9 years and it never missed a beat, she has been maintained really really well. He seemed really sad. It has a full service history with receipts and documented services, its amazing - New shocks springs all round, tyres about 10msk ago. Serviced in Feb 2009. Oil is as clean as. New BIG Aluminium radiator 3 months ago! Really great duco, not one ding in her. Good rims and awesome int, but the roof linning is a little loose and bubbly

So as you can see its very original apart from mudflaps and radiator. (sadly he kept the HSV compendium) She is only a weekend cruiser so it sits under lock and key safely away from the elements and others, waiting for sunny sunday to roll.

What it needs:
Needs a wheel alignment, brakes machined as there is a bit of vibration/shudder, a polish and sealant applied, leather conditioner, a tune when I can get time to do it and that's about it. Also needs new bush's and need to get rid of the horrible drive line shudder? The mudflaps have to go but they are drilled in so securely that the holes may be worse than the mudflaps themselves so have to think about that one.
No mods planned, no lowering, no blower, I love it the way it was made! have B7W plates from my last V8 "MYSS" that will go on her and job complete!

HSV VS2 Senator Hydratrak 215i
Transmission: Auto
Odo reading: 88000kms
Colour: Silver
Interior: Leather
Mods: All Stock

PS: For the VIC Road Worthy, all it needed was a correct size battery as the dog of a car yard put a pissy little battery in it. My fault for not checking..... also changed the water pump as it was showing signs of rust and thats it..Puuurfect

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Nice Senator you have there.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
awesome car mate nice find with such look's looks in top nic aswelll

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
thats MINT. very nice pick up.

pancake

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS215i
Thanks! Appreciate the comments.

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
One of the best i've seen. Great pick up mate.

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
very nice car..... i did watch this car on carsales. but the rear park assist and auto and being in nsw turned me off.

got the r1 for now, till i can find a neat 215i vs senator or update the r1 at the end of the year instead probably. if you happen to come accross another nice one, pm me please.

very nice car, a credit to its previous owner. but get the compendium off the old fella, give him a couple of hundred for it or something, explain you love the car and want it with the books etc. i'm sure if you explain for a bit you'll get them off him. you really need them.

pancake

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS215i
very nice car..... i did watch this car on carsales. but the rear park assist and auto and being in nsw turned me off.

got the r1 for now, till i can find a neat 215i vs senator or update the r1 at the end of the year instead probably. if you happen to come accross another nice one, pm me please.

very nice car, a credit to its previous owner. but get the compendium off the old fella, give him a couple of hundred for it or something, explain you love the car and want it with the books etc. i'm sure if you explain for a bit you'll get them off him. you really need them.

What happened to the NEW Ute you ordered? Why not update the R1 now theres some great deals on 08 stock at the moment.....???

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
ute is still coming, gets built the 15th now. what everyone doesn't realise is even though they're on special, none are built waiting due to the economic crisis.... just want a senator as a weekender. anyway, i'm still looking, and as for updating r1, if i update i will update to current stock, not old 08 stuff.