Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Senator Spoiler Questions

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Hey guys, Looking at buying one of these off ebay -

HOLDEN VX SENATOR STYLE BOOT SPOILER BOBTAIL FIT VT-VX (eBay item 330522856002 end time 23-Feb-11 16:04:49 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Just wondering a couple of questions

1. Will it use the bolts for my VX S Pac ? If not then I won't even bother, Filling holes, Painting, blah blah too hard...

2. If they do fit "pretty much a straight swap" How much would I be up for to get it painted in TIGER MICA locally ? "Adelaide"?

3. If I was to just remove my spoiler and have none at all, whats the best and cheapest way to do it ? I'd give it to someone locally to do, Just touch up the holes with paint when he's done w.e. he does with it... Just curious as whats the best "cheapest" method that looks the best?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
best cheapest method would be to have the holes filled and then the boot resprayed, might aswell have the lion badge removed and done to while your at it...

if it does fit straight up, prob looking at around 200-250 to get sprayed and would prob use the same bolts..

other thing i can suggest, if it does fit etc, maybe look at your boot struts, my old man had one of these on his vx berlina, went back to holdens twice cos they couldn't handle the weight, first time for ss struts, 2nd for senator

ernicks fibreglass

ernicks fibreglass
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo rb20
hi mate ernie from ernicks fibreglass the senator spoiler will use the two holes left from the vx s pac spoiler and as for painting it should not cost more then 150-180

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Thanks guys! So looking at around $450-500 to get a new spoiler, Pretty expensive really, I'd have brought it by now if the spoiler was $200 but $350 seems a little steep for a spoiler.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yeah I noticed that... But I really want my exhaust and extractors done... Not sure if I should buy it or wait... I know Ernie told me before it uses the same bolts which is good, Just hoping it uses all 5, "2 on each side, and then the hole for the plug to go"

Still looking at around $400 for a new spoiler, $300 "$30 for shipping" for the spoiler, $150 for the painting being done = $450 at least!

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah it would i say,
elec cables have to go through somewhere

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Stuff on the VX is so much more expensive than it was on my VR, The fibreglass senator bobtail brought, painted, fitted is around $600, Around $300 more than my VR was, 2.5 sports Exhaust is $330, $100 more than my VR, I can't belive the price to do things to this vehicle is compared to my old vehicle.. Haha.

Last edited:

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hey just curious, Is $365 for a HOLDEN VT SENATOR STYLE BOOT SPOILER BOBTAIL a decent price "Unpainted?" How often do they pop up on ebay? I'm hesitating to buy this one, Or wait for one to become cheaper, And is there any other places that either makes copies of them, or if holden sell them for less than that ?

I'm just a little hesitent, All other spoilers on ebay are 150-250, Dad paid $300 for his Clubsport spoiler + Painted + Fitted, It just seems like it's overly expensive, Is it around the right price ? Can you find them cheaper often ? How often do they appear on ebay ?

No offense at all to the owner of that ebay store, He seems like a nice guy, Just curious as it just seems like quite a lot.

He told me I should buy the VX one as he has them on special at the moment for 300 or so "With shipping" But I personally don't like the VX one at all, the VT Bobtail looks much better.

If it turns out that it's the proper price and I wouldn't find one cheaper anywhere else, I'll consider buying it tonight or tomorrow, But it's going to be costing me around $540 painted for a spoiler, Seem's quite expensive, But I've never done this before, So just curious as if it's about right price

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab