Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Send a message to our troops

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Aussies are being encouraged to text or post an online message of support to Aussie troops serving overseas to mark Anzac day.
Send your text message to- 0447 877 687 or send an email to- [email protected]

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
It's a top idea, our troops are doing their bit to serve our country.

Having had a brother serve in in East Timor, and Iraq; and a number friends that have served in East Timor, Iraq and are now serving in Afghanistan I feel for the blokes!

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
I worked for Defence for the last 11 years, and i haven't missed an ANZAC day memorial yet.

No bigger tribute than to get your butts out of bed once a year and show support for the brave men and women that served our contry and died giving us the options and the freedon we enjoy and take for granted today.

God rest their souls........I don't know about anyone else, but i thank every day that i have the option to call someone a nast name, drive what car i want, support whatever team i want, have as many kids as i want, work where i want.....think what i want and wear and eat what i want.

Thank you to all those brave soldiers for giving me these options and thank you for fighting for me even thou you didn't know me.

I will return the favour and come and pay my respects to you xxx

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
The text messages do get through, and they are appreciated.

Last edited:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
well what can i say, i sat here for a around 30 mins and red this thread, and simply gave up at the end. it was realy doing my head in.
as a front line member who served in recent conflicts (gulf war part2 and timor) it realy does saden me to think that people beleive wars are all about power and who's in controll, just think this, if we didnt enter world war 1 we would be speaking german right now, and if we didnt enter world war 2, we would probably be speaking japaneese. while 1 side is about power, the other side well they are defending their way of life from a agressor.

while it is a good idea to be sending these messages to our front line boys and girls who are doing their duty to queen and country, most of the messages simply dont get threw, a war ship only does a email drop when in a hot zone mabey once every 2 weeks, and troops on the ground, well yeah, mobile phones dont work out there. so most of the messages dont get to the front line guy's and galls. i know i would have liked messages from home, but a letter from a random bloke, nah, got other things to worry about, like keeping my head down and returning safely.

for those of you who are ashamed of what your grand fathers have done, or feel sorry for what they did, i suggest you leave australia, cause you dont deserve the freedom that they fought fore. im proud to march on anzac day with a chest full of medals, (both sides, mine and my grand farthers) and im proud to think i made some sort of a difference in the world.

no-one here besides serving members (both past and presant) have the right to question that.

there were some good replys, but all were removed in a attempt to alow this thread to go back on topic.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
To Garth...........THUMBS UP..... THUMBS UP..... THUMBS UP....

Well said :)

I never fought in the wars, and neither did my family, but if it wasn't for those men and women (like yourself and your Grandfather) i know that iw ouldn't ahve the freedom i have today, and i wouldn't have to come to this country when i was 6 with my parents for hope for a better and calmer life.

I will be proudly watching, cheering on and saying thank you on Sunday morning and in the arvo.

one thing i loved about Rockingham in WA, was walking around Point Perron where all the old bunkers and sleep outs and historic things were......i used to take my girls out there just about everyday for a walk around and to explore and feel all the passion and the intenseness that happened many years ago. All 3 of us realised what it is to be alive today with the freedom we have.

LEST WE FORGET xxxx

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
well what can i say, i sat here for a around 30 mins and red this thread, and simply gave up at the end. it was realy doing my head in.
as a front line member who served in recent conflicts (gulf war part2 and timor) it realy does saden me to think that people beleive wars are all about power and who's in controll, just think this, if we didnt enter world war 1 we would be speaking german right now, and if we didnt enter world war 2, we would probably be speaking japaneese. while 1 side is about power, the other side well they are defending their way of life from a agressor.

while it is a good idea to be sending these messages to our front line boys and girls who are doing their duty to queen and country, most of the messages simply dont get threw, a war ship only does a email drop when in a hot zone mabey once every 2 weeks, and troops on the ground, well yeah, mobile phones dont work out there. so most of the messages dont get to the front line guy's and galls. i know i would have liked messages from home, but a letter from a random bloke, nah, got other things to worry about, like keeping my head down and returning safely.

for those of you who are ashamed of what your grand fathers have done, or feel sorry for what they did, i suggest you leave australia, cause you dont deserve the freedom that they fought fore. im proud to march on anzac day with a chest full of medals, (both sides, mine and my grand farthers) and im proud to think i made some sort of a difference in the world.

no-one here besides serving members (both past and presant) have the right to question that.

there were some good replys, but all were removed in a attempt to alow this thread to go back on topic.

First of all, THANK YOU for the job you have done (as well as anyone else who has served on JC), second I will hopefully be taking my eldest son for the first time to the service Sunday morning, I am going to make sure that my kids are aware of the sacrifices made in the past and present, and maybe learn are few more details myself.