Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seppos have finally noticed Holden's woes

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
"....will tour Australia to understand where they went wrong. "

Hahaha. ......

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Buttner officially started the job August 1 and plans to tour Australia and speak with dealership councils to understand where the company has gone wrong.

Reads like a pollies junket around the country ……. meet and greet, listen, express sympathy, have a free feed and beer, promise to do something, go home, forget, get voted out, wonder why.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
"....will tour Australia to understand where they went wrong. "

Is he slipping inside "Pinks" suitcase atm to keep their overheads down ?

M

mwb235

GM’s supposed “concern” (yeah right) is about ten years too late.

I hope GM sell the brand to someone here in Oz, and Holden becomes a small niche Oz manufacturer. Start out here then do exports later. Maybe just call it HSV and have V8’s (and maybe a TT six as well). GM can keep all the 4 cylinder s—tboxes nobody wants and badge them as Chevy or Opel. Ok, these niche Holden cars might be $100,000 or more each, but surely if they get it right from the very start, they would still sell enough to make a small profit.

Who knows but - economics isn’t one of my strengths!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
GM’s supposed “concern” (yeah right) is about ten years too late.

I hope GM sell the brand to someone here in Oz, and Holden becomes a small niche Oz manufacturer. Start out here then do exports later. Maybe just call it HSV and have V8’s (and maybe a TT six as well). GM can keep all the 4 cylinder s—tboxes nobody wants and badge them as Chevy or Opel. Ok, these niche Holden cars might be $100,000 or more each, but surely if they get it right from the very start, they would still sell enough to make a small profit.

Who knows but - economics isn’t one of my strengths!
I would love to agree with this, but Australians are still obsessed with fuel consumption figures due in part to the media, so probably wouldn't buy enough to be viable. I rented a Kia Sportage over the last weekend and saw fuel consumption figures the same as my V6 VF even though I was pussying the car more than I would my own car. Meh - no guts, less safety, less room and same fuel consumption as a 3.6 V6.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If GM killed off the Holden brand name, I'll bet they'd still want a motza for any prospective buyer to stump up. If I bought the name, I'd also want the lion emblem and the rights to re-use the aboriginal origin model names as part of the deal. Torana and Monaro still have mileage left in them, Barina, maybe. Camira? Er, no.