Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 1 and Series 2 Grill Differences?

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Trying to find a stock Series 1 grill for my car currently.

There is apparrently a difference between the two grills.

Does anyone know how to obviously tell the difference between the two?

Picking one up tomorrow night and just want to make sure its for Series 1 and not Series 2.

Cheers

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Sorry to be a pain and bumping the thread, but picking it up in a few hours and still havn't been able to find an answer online.

I'm not picking the grill up from the owner of the car otherwise I'd obviously just ask him what year car it came off, he's away for work and can't answer his phone.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
you could google pics of both series vehicles and at least visually have a look?
I think the series 2 bottom spoiler is differant to the series 1, not sure of the grill though mate

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
With the WM grille i replaced the series 1 grille and the series 2 grille on the black section was slightly smaller width wise in the chrome surround, but i don't know if there is a difference with other grilles, i have not read anything about them not fitting when you buy the full grille with surrounds etc.
Hope that can help somewhat even though it's for a different car than yours.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
you could google pics of both series vehicles and at least visually have a look?
I think the series 2 bottom spoiler is differant to the series 1, not sure of the grill though mate

Yeah they look the exact same in pictures unfortunately.

With the WM grille i replaced the series 1 grille and the series 2 grille on the black section was slightly smaller width wise in the chrome surround, but i don't know if there is a difference with other grilles, i have not read anything about them not fitting when you buy the full grille with surrounds etc.
Hope that can help somewhat even though it's for a different car than yours.

Cheers.

I might just rip mine out at the blokes house and see if it fits, its only a 2 minute job, I doubt he would mind.