Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 1 or Series 2?

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
In the market for an upgrade from my aging VT.

I have had my eye on the series 2 since it's release, but think $36k+ is a lot of dosh. I'd just like opinions on whether the value is in the money difference between the 2.

I 100% would love an SIDI Alloytech, so it seems it's between a Series 2 sv6, and a much cheaper MY09 (correct me if I'm wrong) Series 1.

I find it hard to go past the Series 2 simply for the IQ system, and subtle changes to the exterior. But, as I mentioned earlier, it would seem a good $10k+ separates them.

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
the series 2 sidi does not make any more power than the series 1 sidi ... get your facts right ...
Also i think that the series 1 looks externally better ... but you are right that the iq is hard to go past ... i have a my10 sidi built 06/10 and i was very annoyed when i found out that had i waited another couple of months i would have been able to pick up one with the iq system ... its just annoying

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
hipee

ALWAYS series 2 main reason is that the problems from the series 1 are fixed and makes for a better car, simple rule buy the best get the best. Hope that helped.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
OK, so it really doesn't take much to sway me towards a Series 2.

Performance wise, can you guys tell me how different, if at all, they are.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
That is the dilemma I have though.

Basically, the Series 2 needs to justify the extra cash. I'm asking for opinions on if it does, or not, do that.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Thinking I'll go the Series 2, as if I buy a Series 1, I'll forever be disappointed...

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Im new to owning commodores, this is my first one.

I would never have considered buying a series 1 purely because I found the interior boring (air vents, aircon controls, stereo). The series 2 IQ system (plus round airvents in my sv6) did it for me to warrant the purchase :p