Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 dash appliquès option

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
Hey peeps,

I opted for the susline micro silver package in my ute, the dash and centre console upgrade. I love it, but the surrounds around my aircon controls and screen are still gloss black and I hate gloss black. Does anyone have any idea whether those pieces are made in the same finish on my option pack? I'm hoping someone aftermarket will make a copy of them if Holden don't make them...gloss black sucks!

Here's a quick pic:

IMG_0184-1.jpg

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Option pack? You didn't pay extra for different colour plastic bits did you? Just take them all off and get them painted... Hell it wouldn't even be too hard to do it yourself.

You can also take them off and give them decent looking wrap treatment. I've seen a carbon look wrap done on all the plastic highlights in an FG and it looked damn fine!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The wrap is a good idea and a removable option if you don't like it (rather than painting it). It's vinyl stock (whatever sort you want - anything from satin black to fluro yellow or textures) which is covered over the parts individually and then heated to shrink and fit the panels properly. Can look very good if done right.

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
Option pack? You didn't pay extra for different colour plastic bits did you? Just take them all off and get them painted... Hell it wouldn't even be too hard to do it yourself.

You can also take them off and give them decent looking wrap treatment. I've seen a carbon look wrap done on all the plastic highlights in an FG and it looked damn fine!

The wrap is a good idea and a removable option if you don't like it (rather than painting it). It's vinyl stock (whatever sort you want - anything from satin black to fluro yellow or textures) which is covered over the parts individually and then heated to shrink and fit the panels properly. Can look very good if done right.

The parts I paid for aren't a solid colour, more a textured finish that looks like brushed aluminium but it's....well I don't know how to explain it lol. It's just awesome and if I could replicate it with heat-wrapping it and lacquering it, someone please tell me where I can find the same texture!! :D

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
i think the reason its still gloss black is because ite not a removable item like the others are..
if you pull it out the rest of the air con, radio controls will come out with it..
but yes, the screen surround and the air con look out of place

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
I would have thought that the controls would only be clipped into the facia - could be wrong though.

Agreed. Oh well, not too fussed as the dash as a whole doesn't look too bad. Would be nice if someone made them on eBay or something in the future..