Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 front bumper on a 2010 ve ?

Chillyred

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE SIDI
Hi all

I own a 2010 ve sv6 sedan, my ve has the series 1 style front bumper. I need to buy a new front bumper just wondering if you can replace the series 1 front bumper with the series 2 front bumper without any dramas ?

Also if anyone has done this how much did it cost you ? For the series 2 front bar, fitting and paint ?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Headlights are also different between S1 and S2, so you'll need to S2 headlights as well.

Also, I maybe wrong with this but I thought rear bumpers and rear spoilers were different between S1 and S2.

Just a question, do you 'need' to buy a S2 bumper as you have an S2 with the wrong bumper, or you want to have the S2 bumper on your S1?
(Series 2 can out in Sept 2010, and was MY11. The SIDI came out in S1, MY10)

Last edited:

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
i guessed your answer was going to be something like that.
i've seen this question posted posted (which you've probably discovered through searching JC).
and i've never seen anyone doing it and posting details of how easy or difficult it is (that's not to say it hasn't been done...)
maybe this is your answer, if no ones done it, it may be a hassle and overly expensive

ie if you buy the S2 bar, you'll need all the plastic trim for fog lights, grille, maybe the plastic panel underneath the bar

S1 bars are pretty cheap, on eBay or gumtree eg Holden Commodore VE SV6 SS SSV Front Bumper BAR Cover Series 1 08 2006 09 2010 | eBay

OR an HSV W427 (replica) front bar!
like this: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/w427-front-bumper-2.163078/post-1993478
you might find them on eBay, gumtree or a local fiberglass body kits company
more expensive than an S1 bar
(possibly) cheaper than S2 bar
more unique than both S1 or S2 bar