Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 iQ upgraded, USB location and size question

g8carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore from Pont G8
I had an iQ installed in my converted-to-Commodore '08 G8 about two years ago. I am still questioning where Holden put the USB port on S2 cars. I had my guy put mine in the console box, which sucks; it's hard to get to, especially while driving. I had him put a USB charging port where the lighter was, but that won't charge anything I've ever tried to charge with it, mainly phone & GPS.

How about how big a USB can I use? I read somewhere on here that a USB could be used with up to 256 folders with 256 files (songs) in each. When I plug anything bigger than 4GB into it, I get a message to "Please connect USB". My 4GB works, but won't play all that's on it, only 4 folders of from 6 to 13 tracks each. Any help would be appreciated.

c

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Usb/aux port is in the console of the series 2

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
If it's anything like the VF/WN series, a larger capacity drive will work if it's formatted to Fat32.

I'm running a 64gb drive in mine. Indexing takes a while, but once it's done everything works well.

g8carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore from Pont G8
Usb/aux port is in the console of the series 2
Where in the console, if I might ask? Like I said, mine's in the console box. Is it by the cubby under the radio (there was a socket for a lighter there), in the top surface somewhere around the shifter, or what? I've been looking at Google pictures of interiors and many look like they were taken from the backseat with a lo-res camera and have no detail.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I have 32gb sticks in both my VE's, formatted in fat32.

Install a power port(lighter) in the forward console bin, there is wiring for it tucked up in the console.
Use a usb charging adapter to charge thing.
The standard usb port is in the forward face of the console bin between the front seat backs.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Here tis
1652597155152.jpg

Reactions: Lex

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
I had an iQ installed in my converted-to-Commodore '08 G8 about two years ago. I am still questioning where Holden put the USB port on S2 cars. I had my guy put mine in the console box, which sucks; it's hard to get to, especially while driving. I had him put a USB charging port where the lighter was, but that won't charge anything I've ever tried to charge with it, mainly phone & GPS.

How about how big a USB can I use? I read somewhere on here that a USB could be used with up to 256 folders with 256 files (songs) in each. When I plug anything bigger than 4GB into it, I get a message to "Please connect USB". My 4GB works, but won't play all that's on it, only 4 folders of from 6 to 13 tracks each. Any help would be appreciated.

c
If you do a search there are some long threads on here about these issues
Also lots of info in the manual