Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 Omega Kit Upgrade

joeydaly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Sorry if this has come up once before, couldn't find anything in the search.

I've got a VE Series 2 Omega Sportswagon and wanting to upgrade to the SV6 Front Bumper + fog lights. Two things, where's the best place to buy and can I fit all myself? I have a feeling the fog lights I might not? Google tells me JHP does exactly what I want - but has anyone used them or anyone else and got any feedback? Is $2k for a kit upgrade about right? or can I save a fair bit doing it myself.

Thanks!

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
$2000 for a kit??? I'm pretty sure you can find a used bumper for a couple of hundred and foggies for about $100. I'd imagine you'd be able to fit the bar itself but not sure about the foggies as you might need a new light switch and harness for them.

joeydaly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
$2000 for a kit??? I'm pretty sure you can find a used bumper for a couple of hundred and foggies for about $100. I'd imagine you'd be able to fit the bar itself but not sure about the foggies as you might need a new light switch and harness for them.
Awesome, is there anything I need to be aware of with the bumper bar, one size fits all? I'm assuming no diff between series 1 & series 2.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Series 1 and 2 are different due to a slight change in the headlight shape. You won't be able to fit them without cutting and making a mess.

beasso81au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Not sure about how its done bu I had to get my front end fixed due to a crash and the repairer fixed it with a series 2 front wnd and lights.. no spotties though

joeydaly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Series 1 and 2 are different due to a slight change in the headlight shape. You won't be able to fit them without cutting and making a mess.
Ah okay yeah makes sense. I may just keep an eye out for S2 ones then.

Do some research, there was a thread about this just last week.
Thanks buddy, could've contributed by linking me to that thread? Haha I'll try have a look in a sec

Not sure about how its done bu I had to get my front end fixed due to a crash and the repairer fixed it with a series 2 front wnd and lights.. no spotties though
Did you have Series 1 before the crash? Roughly how much did they pay it for or was it all part of excess. I'm not fussed on the fog lights straight away, but eventually want them fitted

Found a mob in NSW that ship them unpainted Series 2. But may wait a bit to see what comes up in VIC

mitchj109

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais, Holden VE Omega, Mighty Magna
Awesome, is there anything I need to be aware of with the bumper bar, one size fits all? I'm assuming no diff between series 1 & series 2.

Series 1 bar can fit on series 2 if you change headlights and same goes with series 2 on series one. Not sure about guards yet, im doing a s2 conversion on my s1 calais.
fog lights are different too.

beasso81au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Did you have Series 1 before the crash? Roughly how much did they pay it for or was it all part of excess. I'm not fussed on the fog lights straight away, but eventually want them fitted

Found a mob in NSW that ship them unpainted Series 2. But may wait a bit to see what comes up in VIC

Yea i have a series 1, it was all covered by insurance so i didnt have to pay a cent as i wasn't at fault... just look on ebay or goto wreckers, im sure there will be a commodore wreckers somewhere near your area. you may be lucky to find one the colour u need too.... millions out there so why bother with unpainted parts