Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 ssv IQ system problems

ve2 SSV wag

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve2 ssv wagon
NOTHING BUT DRAMAS ON MINE,from day one no dvd through front screen,reverse camera gone ,lost all preset stations,now just on the way home no reverse camera,no stations and not tunable to any ,appears to be frozen,i hate it when they rushinferior **** out and your paying 50+kfor their unproven crap

SV6SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Series II Ute
iv had my sv6 SII for just about a month now, i dont think there is a problem with the gps signals or anything, problem is with the IQ unit, mine was refusing to connect to my iphone and refused to pair with my iphone, i had to turn the engine off a few times to fix the problem, or just ignore it till it fixed itsself, the IQ would restart when i was driving, n soo on...

i called holden and complained about the problems, holden servie centre had to call holden tech and found some error code displayed in the IQ system,
they ended up putting a new IQ system for me, they also broke the side panal, now i have to go back next year when that comes in and get them replace that, they have done a VERY poor job on changing the IQ, u can see flat head screw driver marks into the side plastic around gear and handbreak.

to top it all up, they lied to me about changing the touch screen and they have installed a IQ system for a Sedan into my Ute ....

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN SOMEHOW PLAY DVDS ON MY SCREEN?

kurtssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline
I have had the same issues with my redline. Had it a month and so far.

Satnav fails to load, it tries but then goes back to the media player.

IQ Fails to turn off when driving if you want to restart it only way is to take the key out and lock the car then repeat.

Happend only once were i can't turn the aircon off, again need to turn off the car and restart.

So its been a royal pain so far and the fact it cant even rip audio cd's track names is pretty poor.

Other then that its a great car.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Guys,

How do you find the bluetooth integration? I am particularly interested in the microphone - ie how the person on the other end of the phone hears things.

Cheers,
Michael

kurtssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline
Bluetooth is one thing im very happy with spending alot of time on the road and on the iphone its clear as at both ends.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Guys,

How do you find the bluetooth integration? I am particularly interested in the microphone - ie how the person on the other end of the phone hears things.

Well I haven't asked anyone or called someone using it, but no one has complained to me about not being able to hear me, so I'll assume the microphone is quite good as I'm not a loud talker.

As for someone saying that it's poor how the Cd ripper doesn't have track names, i agree, but it's worse how you can't edit them in by yourself

jneil

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Alto SSVeII Redline M6
on the whole, mines been OK. Had a few little glitches as above, SatNav won't load, reverse camera caused the screen to go all pink and purple then it rebooted and was fine, ipod wouldn't allow browse list to come up, ipod and display locked up.

These things have really only happed once or twice in the 3 weeks I've had it, so it's not a big issue. Hopefully a firmware update will fix all this stuff and more!

Other things I'd like to see is to search the damn phonebook instead of some random list that is not even alphbetical, searching ipod artists/songs, GPS speed displayed on the SatNav, customizable summary screen with radio, AC, NAV components all on the one screen instead of having JUST the radio or JUST the NAV etc. Nothing major and i'm only bitching about little things really...nothing like some of you fella's have had so I guess i'm lucky?

Oh yeah, the phone is a little muffly on their end apparently, not as good as my BluAnt hard wired unit in my old SS, and certainly not as good as using the handset, but i've not been asked to repeat myself and I can hear them perfectly clear...speaking of handset...how the hell do you get the phone into handset mode...eg. car is in getting service, I am in waiting room, phone rings and the damn car picks up and I can't get it to handset mode without turning off blueteeth on the phone and calling them back!

Edit: Just found this on holden site! - obviously won't work if you don't have access to the car though! :(
Q. What does the call transfer function do? A. It lets you transfer a call to your phone handset to allow privacy - and the function can be used when you or a passenger exit the vehicle during a call.

Last edited:

msf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S2
on the whole, mines been OK. Had a few little glitches as above, SatNav won't load, reverse camera caused the screen to go all pink and purple then it rebooted and was fine

I've had both of these happen to me. Both came good with turning car off and starting it again. I've got a video of the sat nav not working.

catpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 ve ss sedan m6
hi there,just thought I would comment on the iq in my series 2 ss,,, I had a problem problem when I tried to start up. the air con would not start and the radio would not go off the screen even after I turned it off,,so I tried to clear the screen turning the air con off and the radio and nothing happened,I went to two holden dealers and they both told me that they hadnt had any problems,when I was at the dealer they told me to give it a few minutes with the keys out of the car and see if it would settle,,,I did this and it all worked fine,I have made a habit of turning off the radio and air con before I turn the key off,this seems to keep it working ok.It seems its just like any other computer,,,wants to freeze up every now and then,,, just like any other windows problem,,, god help us,,,lol,,, but apart from that the ss is a beaut thing,,,,goes well and its treat to drive

Merudo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Redline Ute
Hi guys recently brought a new ssv S2 redline ute and am loving it, my first V8 :)
i am wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the IQ system. Sometimes my sat nav doesnt load up or my ipod freezes or i cant select anything on the touch screen. The only way i can fix it is by turning the car off and on again then everything works fine. If i turn the IQ system off and on again it does nothing i have to actually stop and turn my car off...
Any ideas or had similar problems?

Hey mate,

I just picked up my series II redline ute last night, and I'm actually having the same problem with the sat nav not loading up. What's happening for me is if I hit "MAP" or "NAV", the screen shows "Navigation Loading" in a dialog box for a few seconds, and then goes back to the radio and the nav never starts up.

A damn shame! Other than that the car is bloody brilliant. I'm going back in to Holden to see them about it on Saturday.