Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 ssv IQ system problems

lyngio

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Series II Sedan
Hi all,
Have had my Series II SVS Sedan for a few weeks now and must say have been very pleased with it.
I brought it as an ex demo so the IQ system didn't have the sat nav option......Does anyone if it can be "turned on" (via the dealer) or does a new IQ need to be fitted?

lyngio

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Series II Sedan
Hi, Don't know if you have sorted the phone menu thing yet but I too had the same problem (Just puchased my SV6 series II).
Because the Sat nave doesn't actually care if your numbers are listed as first name or last name in your phone it just chucks them up on the screen in what looks to be a random order....it is actually in order all be it very weirdly.

The solution I found was to hook my phone up to my PC and using Micrsoft Outlook, download all my phone contacts to the PC...........Go through each one (time comsumiong I know) and list them all as FIRST name only.
I.e. if the name is (Fisrt Name) John - (Last Name) Smith....then change it to be all "First Name" i.e John Smith.......no last name at all.

This solution worked for me.

Good Luck :)

etcetc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina Sportswagon II
My car is less than 2 months old, yet I have had it back to the dealer several times for an intermittent fault with the IQ. The problem happens at startup, and has happened at least 4 times. Typically I lose the clock, rear camera [although rear sensors work], control of the aircon fan, the ability to change radio station/volume on the steering wheel .. and Bluetooth plays up. Switching off, then on the car, mostly clears the problem, although the first time, the engine warning light came on, and the dealer cleared it. Dealer said intermittents need to be shown to them when the Holden experts are available for them to consult [8-4pm]. I rang Holden... no known issues.. suggested next time it occurs, I take it to a dealer and leave the engine running.

I have noticed that when I had issues, it was when the car was parked in the street ..... ie when the car has been sitting in the sun...
Now this phenomena seemed coincidental. [the car has life under a carport] . So I tested my theory today . I started it up under the carport,
(all OK) and reversed 15 feet, turned it off and left it in the sun... 20 minutes later, started the car up... bingo.. problem happened again!!!
So I took it to the dealer, leaving the engine on. The Tech 2 [?] analyser came back with B1325 "DTC unknown code" [or something like that]

The dealer indicated they will chase it up with Holden and I will leave it with them all day later this week. They were kind enough to inform me of
the recall - back passenger seat- which they will resolve at the same time.

I fear that this problem will drag on and on !!!!

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I am a bit dissapointed with the sound of the IQ system, it seems to distort extremely easy with bass notes. I have noticed that the bass controls are set to boost at a very low frequency causing the stock speakers to distort really easily. There seems to be a hole in the sound around 250hz-750hz and the bass control is no where near that frequency range.

That said the controls and sound on the Series I are better, at least the bass adjusts at much wider range and nowhere near the distortion of the Series II.

Well done Holden, you ####ed up yet again.

lyngio

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Series II Sedan
on the whole, mines been OK. Had a few little glitches as above, SatNav won't load, reverse camera caused the screen to go all pink and purple then it rebooted and was fine, ipod wouldn't allow browse list to come up, ipod and display locked up.

These things have really only happed once or twice in the 3 weeks I've had it, so it's not a big issue. Hopefully a firmware update will fix all this stuff and more!

Other things I'd like to see is to search the damn phonebook instead of some random list that is not even alphbetical, searching ipod artists/songs, GPS speed displayed on the SatNav, customizable summary screen with radio, AC, NAV components all on the one screen instead of having JUST the radio or JUST the NAV etc. Nothing major and i'm only bitching about little things really...nothing like some of you fella's have had so I guess i'm lucky?

Oh yeah, the phone is a little muffly on their end apparently, not as good as my BluAnt hard wired unit in my old SS, and certainly not as good as using the handset, but i've not been asked to repeat myself and I can hear them perfectly clear...speaking of handset...how the hell do you get the phone into handset mode...eg. car is in getting service, I am in waiting room, phone rings and the damn car picks up and I can't get it to handset mode without turning off blueteeth on the phone and calling them back!

Edit: Just found this on holden site! - obviously won't work if you don't have access to the car though! :(
Q. What does the call transfer function do? A. It lets you transfer a call to your phone handset to allow privacy - and the function can be used when you or a passenger exit the vehicle during a call.

Hi, Don't know if you have sorted the phone menu thing yet but I too had the same problem (Just puchased my SV6 series II).
Because the Sat nave doesn't actually care if your numbers are listed as first name or last name in your phone it just chucks them up on the screen in what looks to be a random order....it is actually in order all be it very weirdly.

The solution I found was to hook my phone up to my PC and using Micrsoft Outlook, download all my phone contacts to the PC...........Go through each one (time comsumiong I know) and list them all as FIRST name only.
I.e. if the name is (Fisrt Name) John - (Last Name) Smith....then change it to be all "First Name" i.e John Smith.......no last name at all.

This solution worked for me.

Good Luck :)

lyngio

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Series II Sedan
My car is less than 2 months old, yet I have had it back to the dealer several times for an intermittent fault with the IQ. The problem happens at startup, and has happened at least 4 times. Typically I lose the clock, rear camera [although rear sensors work], control of the aircon fan, the ability to change radio station/volume on the steering wheel .. and Bluetooth plays up. Switching off, then on the car, mostly clears the problem, although the first time, the engine warning light came on, and the dealer cleared it. Dealer said intermittents need to be shown to them when the Holden experts are available for them to consult [8-4pm]. I rang Holden... no known issues.. suggested next time it occurs, I take it to a dealer and leave the engine running.

I have noticed that when I had issues, it was when the car was parked in the street ..... ie when the car has been sitting in the sun...
Now this phenomena seemed coincidental. [the car has life under a carport] . So I tested my theory today . I started it up under the carport,
(all OK) and reversed 15 feet, turned it off and left it in the sun... 20 minutes later, started the car up... bingo.. problem happened again!!!
So I took it to the dealer, leaving the engine on. The Tech 2 [?] analyser came back with B1325 "DTC unknown code" [or something like that]

The dealer indicated they will chase it up with Holden and I will leave it with them all day later this week. They were kind enough to inform me of
the recall - back passenger seat- which they will resolve at the same time.
I fear that this problem will drag on and on !!!!

Does anyone know what this backseat recall thingy is that he mentions??

Merudo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Redline Ute
If it's Windows based i wonder how easy it would be to change the SatNav software on it to something else? I dont know but is the Sat receiver hardware built into the unit and you simply pay for the software to get it all up and running?

Turns out it is windows based ;)

I forgot to reply but the dealer fixed my issue. Appears the SD card in the back of the unit was pushed in, but wasn't "clicked in" so the IQ system couldnt load the maps application off the SD card as it couldn't read it.

Anyway, all good now.

And my proof it runs on windows -

182082_10150141988675733_683825732_8457869_1876354_n.jpg

Cheers

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
After my IQ system playing up a few times took it in today for the first service and they have decided to replace the whole damn thing.

Sucks for a 3 week old car !

I have a feeling that it will never go in like factory one did (Fit wise)

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Just had a call from the dealer, Apparently there is a new revision coming out in about 2 weeks that fixes a pile of issues (Apparently... Just what i've been told.)
Once I get it I'll keep you updated.