Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 ssv IQ system problems

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Well got it replaced (car was with Holden for 3 days)
Apparently it's a 2nd gen system. Looks the same, same software version. We'll will see if it crashes again.

jaixx

Reaction score
Problems with IQ System

Hi guys I just got my SSV series II two weeks ago and I have the same problems. Firstly my iphone was plugged in and it froze? Nothing would work until it re-started the car! Today, I started the car and the air con controls wouldn’t work? Again, I restarted the car and it all worked fine. (Note: I had to switch the car off, lock it and re started it both times) Interestingly, no problems with the sat nav or connecting via blue tooth though!

Whilst only minor issues, I will call the dear next week because these issues are frustrating and should not be happening in a new car!

Awesome car though and the 6.0 Litre V8 is amazing, the interior is better than most europeans and the ride/handling is up there with the best of them. I absolutely love the car but the IQ problem is disappointing! I would love to know if Holden has fixed similar problems for anyone in Sydney?

Hi guys recently brought a new ssv S2 redline ute and am loving it, my first V8 :)
i am wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the IQ system. Sometimes my sat nav doesnt load up or my ipod freezes or i cant select anything on the touch screen. The only way i can fix it is by turning the car off and on again then everything works fine. If i turn the IQ system off and on again it does nothing i have to actually stop and turn my car off...
Any ideas or had similar problems?

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Firstly my iphone was plugged in and it froze? Nothing would work until it re-started the car!

I had the same sort of issues with both my iPhone 3 and 4

Holdens website say that it's only partial supported

Partial - Device will connect to Holden-iQ system, but the connection may be slow and/or functionality reduced. Apple is aware of device limitations and may address in future iOS updates.

I went out and got a 5th gen iPod nano and have not had issue since. So much faster loading songs and loading play lists.

msf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S2
Hi guys I just got my SSV series II two weeks ago and I have the same problems. Firstly my iphone was plugged in and it froze? Nothing would work until it re-started the car! Today, I started the car and the air con controls wouldn’t work? Again, I restarted the car and it all worked fine. (Note: I had to switch the car off, lock it and re started it both times) Interestingly, no problems with the sat nav or connecting via blue tooth though!

I had the same problem on Tuesday. The clock and air-con indicators disappeared from the IQ display. The steering wheel controls stopped working for the IQ functions (volume, mute, radio station, phone button, NAV button). Climate controls all stopped working. I could still change radio station with the touchscreen. I turned car off, opened door and locked it, then unlocked but still didn't fix it. I had to leave it for 30 minutes before it worked again. I did record a video from my phone, maybe I should upload it to youtube.

AFM

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS-V & CAPRICE V8's
hi guys

also i'm having the same issues with IQ system plus the screen went off at the sudden about 2sec. it happend couble of time with plus the usual problem ( no controling from streeing wheel , no usb play , when i start the car while music were playing i can rewind the song as we know from 1 time it have push rewind button 2 times )
and one question

is all ve/ wm series 2 comes with navi option ?

mine is caprice and i dont have DVD or Navi and no reverse camera

i hope someone offer me a help

msf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S2
My IQ system had the problem again yesterday where it doesn't let me change any of the climate control features. Steering wheel audio and phone controls don't work. The reverse camera would also not activate. After I came back to the car a few hours later, it was working again.

This is after i've had the IQ system upgraded. I'm still not happy with the IQ system either, it is constantly saying 'Updating contacts' from my Samsung Galaxy S phone (same thing with my HTC Desire phone I had before.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
I havent had any main problems with my series 2 ssv ute in the 6 weeks ive owned it except now since the software update it is always updating contacts...

Last edited:

Cruisin68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
My IQ system has had the software update but is still full of glitches - The reverse camera sometimes doesn't turn on, when starting the car the screen can be blank even though music is playing, and on other occasions the entire system doesn't turn on....... After a while you just get used to it and hope a future software update becomes available.

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV sports wagon series 2
I have had a few small glitches reverse camea didnt come on after selecting reverse
And the radio wouldn't turn on for my wife once, both where fixed by turning off the engine and restarting.
Hey just a quick question I want to fit a front camera to the car and was wondering if anyone knew if the rear Aux input takes Pal or NTSC video feed?

xxnitroxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss series 2 my 11
My car is less than 2 months old, yet I have had it back to the dealer several times for an intermittent fault with the IQ. The problem happens at startup, and has happened at least 4 times. Typically I lose the clock, rear camera [although rear sensors work], control of the aircon fan, the ability to change radio station/volume on the steering wheel .. and Bluetooth plays up. Switching off, then on the car, mostly clears the problem, although the first time, the engine warning light came on, and the dealer cleared it. Dealer said intermittents need to be shown to them when the Holden experts are available for them to consult [8-4pm]. I rang Holden... no known issues.. suggested next time it occurs, I take it to a dealer and leave the engine running.

I have noticed that when I had issues, it was when the car was parked in the street ..... ie when the car has been sitting in the sun...
Now this phenomena seemed coincidental. [the car has life under a carport] . So I tested my theory today . I started it up under the carport,
(all OK) and reversed 15 feet, turned it off and left it in the sun... 20 minutes later, started the car up... bingo.. problem happened again!!!
So I took it to the dealer, leaving the engine on. The Tech 2 [?] analyser came back with B1325 "DTC unknown code" [or something like that]

The dealer indicated they will chase it up with Holden and I will leave it with them all day later this week. They were kind enough to inform me of
the recall - back passenger seat- which they will resolve at the same time.

I fear that this problem will drag on and on !!!!

i hear ya... i brought my series 2 ss had it for about 3-4 months now and had nothing but trouble with it.. I had the same issue monday morning called my local holden dealer took the car there and left it there for 4 days and guess what, they couldnt find a thing wrong with it but they had the nerve to say if it happens again we will replace it.. go figure the car was there for 4 days so why in the hell didnt they replace it then?