Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 ssv IQ system problems

sickooli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
hi had similar problems with bluetooth pairing with my nokia 97mini,it is compatible with the iq holden tells me, my phone is upgraded to latest software, and nokia ran me through the steps to set it up correctly, but after i receive or make a call the bt drops out on th iq,solution was that holden are working on the software , my solution was to get another phone which works quite well with the iq bt.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I had my car VE Berlina International II for a few hours and the IQ system and all buttons stopped working, music still played. I restarted car and it did nothing. Took it straight back to Holden and they reset the lot and it has never had a prob since.

Merudo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Redline Ute
update - went back to Holden this morning, but said they'd book me a time to come in next week to fix it up, but assured me it's a simple fix. So I guess I'll report back and let you guys know what happens.

update 2: They called to stitch up a time on Tuesday, but due to the floods their service department is closed until the 21st, so they have asked for me to wait until then.

ugh

Last edited:

black vy03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2 sv6 sport wagon
Picked up my sv6 11 sportwagon 3 weeks ago lost all radio stations so I tuned them back in also lost the time and date, later I noticed there was no sound from the back speakers so I moved the fader all the way up and could only just here the backs. Booked in tomorrow they going to check the software. I tried resetting it back to factory settings and time and date gone after resetting, interesting that it took the year back to 2009.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I played with the IQ on my parents new SV6, and I became very concerned that the operating system was Microsoft Windows CE.

The microsoft solution to most problems is RESTART.

Incidently their SV6 appears to be working fine - it has the gps and camera etc. The only thing I noticed is that it took a month of bloody sundays to rip 1 audio cd. I made the simple suggestion to rip them on your computer and burn the named mp3 files to a cd.

Merudo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Redline Ute
Look at it this way, if it is windows mobile, how good is that going to be when someone starts modding it! Can you say custom dash operating system? :)

Anyway, still no further word yet from the dealership, hopefully he does call me next Monday or I'll be calling them. Now been almost a month with no satnav because of this issue with the IQ system.

colonelbmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black ssv redline ute
update.
Went back to holden said they havent had any other problems with the IQ system they reset the system said it should be fine lasted about a week before it played up again called them back and said not good enough so its going back again.
I wasnt to happy when i found out it was a microsoft system as well. Hopefully they get Mac to design the next one :)
Another problem has come up with my engine light after cat back exhaust and cold air induction was installed but i cant blame holden for that one lol

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
If it's Windows based i wonder how easy it would be to change the SatNav software on it to something else? I dont know but is the Sat receiver hardware built into the unit and you simply pay for the software to get it all up and running?

Aaron_ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 ssv sportwagon
I had the same problem, when i took my car in for its first service i mentioned it, and they decided to change it, it took them 2 days to figure out how to do it though, they said the software came on a usb and the usb that they were using had a corrupted file on it.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
If there are enough reports of these problems, you may see an update for the firmware/software it runs on released by Holden.

Then it will be standard to flash the update when serviced, there may even be one out already. It's rather usual of any new software package to have hiccups, regardless of car manufacturer.