Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 VE Calais V wheel alignment settings?

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Hi, I didn't think wheel alignment setting info would be hard to find on this site or the web, but it looks like it is.

My son has just bought a Series 2 VE V6 Calais V for his first car (19" rims in case that makes a difference), and I have just had the wheels balanced and a 4 wheel alignment done on it, just to be sure it's ok. It did drive ok, if perhaps a little heavy on the steering, and all of the tyres have even wear.

I did ask for a before and after printout, but apparently someone forgot to print the before printout. I have the "after" printout, and I'm struggling to make sense of what settings they have used - it looks more like a "before" printout to me. I realize that the setup needs to be a little asymmetrical to cater for road camber, but to me that doesn't explain the settings. The "after" settings are below, as laid out in the printout. For any wheel alignment experts, the alignment machine is a Beissbarth ML 1800-6R, according to the printout.

left rear camber -1 degree, 51 minutes, right rear camber -0 degrees and 09'
left rear toe -1.4mm, right rear toe -0.2mm (total toe -1.6mm)

Geometrical Driving Axis +0 degrees 03'

left front camber -0 degrees and 39', right front camber +0 degrees and 20'
left front toe +1.1mm, right front toe +1.2mm (total toe +2.3mm)

Does anyone experienced in wheel aligning know what the factory alignment settings are supposed to be, or what accepted industry standard settings are for this car?

Thanks for any help you can give.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi, I didn't think wheel alignment setting info would be hard to find on this site or the web, but it looks like it is.

My son has just bought a Series 2 VE V6 Calais V for his first car (19" rims in case that makes a difference), and I have just had the wheels balanced and a 4 wheel alignment done on it, just to be sure it's ok. It did drive ok, if perhaps a little heavy on the steering, and all of the tyres have even wear.

I did ask for a before and after printout, but apparently someone forgot to print the before printout. I have the "after" printout, and I'm struggling to make sense of what settings they have used - it looks more like a "before" printout to me. I realize that the setup needs to be a little asymmetrical to cater for road camber, but to me that doesn't explain the settings. The "after" settings are below, as laid out in the printout. For any wheel alignment experts, the alignment machine is a Beissbarth ML 1800-6R, according to the printout.

left rear camber -1 degree, 51 minutes, right rear camber -0 degrees and 09'
left rear toe -1.4mm, right rear toe -0.2mm (total toe -1.6mm)

Geometrical Driving Axis +0 degrees 03'

left front camber -0 degrees and 39', right front camber +0 degrees and 20'
left front toe +1.1mm, right front toe +1.2mm (total toe +2.3mm)

Does anyone experienced in wheel aligning know what the factory alignment settings are supposed to be, or what accepted industry standard settings are for this car?

Thanks for any help you can give.

The accepted settings are the ones the ones that individualised to the person driving the car...This is done by reading tyre wear and adjusting to prevent abnormal tyre wear.

Considering the tyre wear is even, that says to me, the settings are fine...

As for factory settings...They are a guide....They give a broad scope and if you set at the minimum/maximum settings as per factory, there is a good chance tyre wear issues will come about

And yes I do alignments for a living and have for 20 odd years

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
FWIW, to me, the left rear camber looks a little aggressive to allow even wear....To me, there is a chance you will have inner edge wear on that tyre....

As for forgetting a before print out...B/S....It's automatic....That's the way the system is designed.....Sounds like they did the alignment and went "truck"....Better start again and print out from that

All the data from that car should be saved on the hard drive in the system and can be reprinted from that

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When Kmart do my alignments the before and after on are the same sheet.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
From the Holden VE Service Manual:
1680168634272.png

1680168696339.png