Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 VE SV6 full exhaust system and cai, help!

Rourkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Ute
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about full exhaust systems for the sidi engine yet? Is anyone making them? Also, anyone who has installed a cai such as a growler or the like, has it given you any change in performance or fuel figures? I heard that as it is a direct injected motor gains would be minimal, or will the computer learn and adapt?

Any answers would be really appreciated :) thanks a bunch

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
First off, the forum has a search button, your questions have been asked and answered many times before.

Full exhaust systems for the SIDI, yes. I know of two companies that make full bolt on system and they are Pacemaker and Xforce. (search here for me details, http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ssive-fun-happy-time-exhaust-thread-11-a.html )

As for a CAI, there are better options out there than the Growler. Orrsome do an OTR to suit the SIDI, and Mace Engineering (forum sponsor) will be releasing a 'modified' VCM OTR to suit the SIDI.

In regards to computers adjusting, a full exhaust system WILL throw the check engine light, the fitting of an OTR WILL throw the check engine light.

Mace Engineering (forum sponsor) can tune your car for a very nice price.

Rourkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Ute
Cheers I guess man, was just wondering if any progress had been made. And I would have worked out the search function eventually. Interesting to know anyway.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Another manufacturer of exhaust systems is Manta, which I do.