Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 3 Door Actuator/Lock

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hi guys i have a VS 2000 Ute, the actuator only works on wet/overcast days on the Drivers door.
I replaced the Actuator but still the same not working.... so it's prob the lock mechanism or wiring.
With the Series 3 they have the same plug wiring as the VT, where as the S1 and S2 had a slimmer plug

Question is will the VT Locking mechanism fit in a VS Door?

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
I got a door latch and actuator from a wrecked VS and it turned out to be the VT-VZ part. I presume when the VS driver door actuator was out of stock, people began using the newer part. Since the actuator has different mounting holes, you have to replace the whole lot. Do you have an adapter cable from door wiring harness to the actuator?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I got a door latch and actuator from a wrecked VS and it turned out to be the VT-VZ part. I presume when the VS driver door actuator was out of stock, people began using the newer part. Since the actuator has different mounting holes, you have to replace the whole lot. Do you have an adapter cable from door wiring harness to the actuator?

Was it a late model ute? As said the s3 had the later connection/actuator. I did notice the connector plug has a 6" cable on it which you might be able to be changed to suit if you can find the other style plug.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
They changed the actuator some where around May / June 1997 as my Series 2 Wagon that was built in June already has the later actuator with the pig tail wiring.