Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series II Head unit removal?

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Does anyone have a step by step guide to removing the head unit in a VE Series II?

Would really appreciate it as I am attempting to connect a reverse camera to the IQ system, and a guide would be excellent.
Cheers.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
remove the panel on the drivers side of the radio the plugs are on the side, not on the back so you don't need to remove the unit.
2ajdkw9.jpg

the plug that has the reverse cam inputs is this one
24zx1nb.jpg

if there is a plug in that when you remove the panel then there should be a plug at the back of the car that has the wires for the camera.

I don't know about the utes but in the sedans its the same plug the number plate light plugs into.
if you follow the wire from the number plate light you will find like a 6 pin plug.
in the sedan the pink is the video feed and green is the reverse switched 12v power

if there is no plug in the side of the radio you will need to make one up or buy a reverse cam kit that has that plug.
and you will also need someone to program the iq unit to use/allow the reverse cam input.

www.carmodder.com • View topic - Fitting a Reverse Camera to a VE Commodore
Holden VE Radio Upgrades and Kits - Envyous Customs

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
If yours is a sedan I would have thought all the connections you require would be in the boot already. Mine were. I didn't have to do anything at the IQ end except have the camera function enabled.

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
If yours is a sedan I would have thought all the connections you require would be in the boot already. Mine were. I didn't have to do anything at the IQ end except have the camera function enabled.

I have a ute.
Has anyone done the reverse camera on a ute?
Cheers

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
I put one in mine.
Mounted the camera under the garnish just above the number plate and ran the cables under the tray liner.
Get power from your reverse light.
There is a hole on the right side of the rear wall you can run the cables through and connect to head unit.