Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series II Updates for the IQ

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Has anyone got the new update for their car's head unit?

I live in a crap area, almost 300kms away from the city.

I've called one of my local dealers to get it done and they want to charge me to do it... It should be bloody free, I'm calling the other Holden dealer on Monday to see what they say.

I've been told by a few people that after the update the Bluetooth doesn't need to take a lifetime to "download contacts" every time you want to make a call or see your recent call list. It should fix any other issues for the car, not just the Bluetooth.

Can anyone give me some more info?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I'm keen to get my IQ unit updated as well. Bloody thing turns on and off whenever it wants to. Should be free as it's a bug in the software.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm keen to get my IQ unit updated as well. Bloody thing turns on and off whenever it wants to. Should be free as it's a bug in the software.

9am Monday I'll call the other dealer and speak to them, the second I get it done I'll post the results.

I'm not a fan of the current software it turns of randomly, sometimes won't connect to my girlfriend's phone and even sometimes pauses the music when playing over Bluetooth with an error message saying "System too hot"

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Any idea when the update was released? I'm keen for it too...

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any idea when the update was released? I'm keen for it too...

One dealer in my area told me they're going to charge me for it, called another dealer; they told me Holden will pay for it and it'll take about 30 minutes.

Got it booked in for 8:30am tomorrow He said better leave it for an hour to make sure.
Will tell you how it goes afterwards.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
One dealer in my area told me they're going to charge me for it, called another dealer; they told me Holden will pay for it and it'll take about 30 minutes.

Got it booked in for 8:30am tomorrow He said better leave it for an hour to make sure.
Will tell you how it goes afterwards.

I bet you they'll charge you for disassembling the interior to get to the IQ unit.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
They've had the car since 8:25 this morning, had heaps of issues. APPARENTLY the previous owner had the car updated and another dealer has claimed the recall job that Holden sent out for a free update. Problem is; there's no sticker on the car to say it's been updated and I spoke to the previous owner who said they never updated the car because they traded it before they got sent the letter saying it needs the update. :bang:

tazdevil1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SS Atomic Sportwagon
I checked with my holden dealer and they said there is no update for the IQ system for series 2 as yet.....