Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series II VT Commodore Traction control

Tomos_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys, im new to the forum. I just bought a series 2 VT commodore berlina and i was looking through the manual and it said that the traction control switch should be beside the gear stick (Auto) but its not there as described in the picture. Just wondering what is going on here.

Cheers for your help

M

mwb235

Hey guys, im new to the forum. I just bought a series 2 VT commodore berlina and i was looking through the manual and it said that the traction control switch should be beside the gear stick (Auto) but its not there as described in the picture. Just wondering what is going on here.

Cheers for your help

For the VT series, traction control was standard on Acclaim and Calais only. I think from memory it became standard on Berlinas for VX, but maybe it was VY i'm not sure. Incidentally this is why new VT's could only be specified with factory-LPG on Executives and Berlinas (i.e. the LPG switch went where the trac ctrl switch wasn't - if that makes sense).

Also the V2 series 1 Monaro manuals had a trac ctrl switch to the left of the fog light switch, but all other VT/VX/WH models (all auto) with trac ctrl had the switch to the left of the auto T-bar.