Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

serious shudder in my vy ss m6

turtle13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
ok ppl i'm new to jc and i'v got a conundrum for ya's:wax:
i'v got a vy ss and the last couple of months been gettin a vibration, feels like its commong from the drive shaft or further down the line maybe, it first started in changin from 4th to 5th, but then put the foot on the clutch to go to 6th and stopped. i geared doen again to see if it was that gear but it seemed fine. only did it in 5th when gearing up for a start but now is doing it in 3rd and somtimes 4th too but doesnt really happen when i just coast it into the gears, i have to have a bit of power behind it. and the vibration is gradually gettin worst, i know my clutch is kinda worn...
and help would be great

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Turtle

Check all universal joints and the centre bearing on the tailshaft. The centre bearing is mounted in a rubber sleeve that can deteriorate and allows the centre bearing to move more than it should. This allows the tailshaft to run off centre and causes noticeable vibrations.

turtle13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
sweet will do. any wat i can check that my self without driving the car? coz i have a breatho in there and i didnt service it in time so now i cant start my car till i pay the tools...