Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Costs VE

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard in regards to vehicle servicing. You can do whatever you wish to your car. If anything that you have done may (MAY) cause a secondary problem that can be irrefutabely linked to anything that you have done the Holden may (MAY) question the validity of a warranty claim. Very unlikely though. I have never (NEVER) heard of such a case. It would be very detrimental to Holden to treat a customer in such manner.
I agree that you can do anything you want to your car, but are you saying that a new car never has to see a licenced mechanic, never have to get your book stamped to confirm oil and filter changes as per the manufacturers schedule, and then at 90,000kms, you expect Holden to honour your warranty if your engine were to fail? Seriously? Let me know how you go with that one.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Been there done it. Never been to a licenced mechanic, book stamped with a stamp I made. Had air con condenser replaced, drive shaft replaced, diff replaced, sump replaced all under warranty without a question asked.

BehaveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV E3 Tourer
Will be doing 120,000km on V8 Calais soon, got a quote around $500 mark, tbc.

Did do a service on wife's car, V6 Omega Sportwagon.
Engine Type:3.6L V6
Transmission:Auto
Log Book Service Interval:60,000km
Any other work done to affect price:nil
Price: $295
Company/Location: Epping Motors, West Pennant Hills, NSW.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
i have a quick questions guys as opening up a new thread might be pointless.

It is better off to go holden to buy a geniune oil filter and transmission service kit ? as my omega is due for both soon.

Or there are aftermarket brands that stack up as good as the geniune parts ?

Cheers :)

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
i have a quick questions guys as opening up a new thread might be pointless.

It is better off to go holden to buy a geniune oil filter and transmission service kit ? as my omega is due for both soon.

Or there are aftermarket brands that stack up as good as the geniune parts ?

Cheers :)

i have used the after market oil filters and they are rubbish compared to OEM, plus OEM arent that expensive so why not use them.

Cant comment on the trans service as i go to a transmission shop to get it done.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
i have used the after market oil filters and they are rubbish compared to OEM, plus OEM arent that expensive so why not use them.

Cant comment on the trans service as i go to a transmission shop to get it done.

Im thinking to go OEM for the oil filter and every transmission shop i rang they use a aftermarket trans service kit so would it be better if i bring them the OEM trans service kit so they can do it for me ?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Yes...................................

VEdriver59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE, 09 of 2008, Omega, Auto, 3.6 Litre, 6 Cylinder
While we are at it has any got or know where to a VE services schedule list of check etc, from?
thanks

En4th7

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS M
had done my old 07 ve v6 in JaxQuickFit Mitchell, good price as well, around $240 bucks with 4 wheels balance on 90,000KMs, YES 90,000KM. very good price to me