Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service ESP.

Dacommomwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commonwhore
Hello, this thread may have been around a few times but I haven’t found much in the way of resolutions....
2014 manual VF SSV with 91000kms.
Engine light on. Traction control light on. Service ESP displayed on dash. Car shutters through gearbox and rear and seems to be very underpowered (possibly in limp mode?)

Disconnected battery to “reflash” computer. And the code goes away. Then I give the car a little boot full and it all happened again. I have had a mate scan the ECU for faults which came up clean which means the faults are in the BCM.

So I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue fixed, what the problem was and how to fix it other than turning the car off, jumping back in and it running fine for a week or so.

Let’s make a thread and make it easy for anyone else to figure it out, hit the nail on the head and get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Any help hugely appreciated.
Thanks guys.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
ECU comms error (bad connection). Usually at the actual plug(s) connecting harness to the ECU. If you have experience with microcircuitry and cabling then you know what to do, otherwise look up procedure and take care else turn to auto electrician ask to check and clean connections. Caveat emptor letting car sparks diagnose in my experience.
After checking battery connections and its condition is good first step when all seems haywire.

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
Why not take it back to Holden and have them sort it out under warranty?

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
As above maybe.
My VE SS use to get that error when i gave it a boot full when the OTR filter needed cleaning. Never did it any other time so i assumed it was that......?

Dacommomwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commonwhore
Problem was misfiring cylinder.
Replaced plug leads and it’s never done it since.

And the reason that it wasnt at holden is because getting anything under warranty at the holden where I live is about as hard as converting a lesbian.

Keansound

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8
I had ESP service come on and traction and engine warning lights. I took it to holden. They told me ESP was a warning to do with traction failure and that was triggered by an engine failure. They can be varios engine conditions that trigger this warning. But in my case there was a fuel injector coil which failed in cylinder 1 which was also causing strong vibration through the car. The injector coil costs about 650 each. Toyotas can cost 1200 each they told me. Was fixed in 2hrs and all has been fine since.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I had ESP service come on and traction and engine warning lights. I took it to holden. They told me ESP was a warning to do with traction failure and that was triggered by an engine failure. They can be varios engine conditions that trigger this warning. But in my case there was a fuel injector coil which failed in cylinder 1 which was also causing strong vibration through the car. The injector coil costs about 650 each. Toyotas can cost 1200 each they told me. Was fixed in 2hrs and all has been fine since.
Dude I take it you are out of warranty, seems high for replacement injector?

Keansound

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8
Warranty finished earlier this year, however if the customer doesn't mention this as being "just outside warranty" I would've had to pay full amount. Luckily i did mention it and had to await approval for 50/50 agreement. with labour and parts now being at "Warranty" rates, it only cost me about 150. happy days.... until the other 7 fail.

rufidol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
I am on my third failed LS3 injector with this fault code. Two on factory warranty and the third on the dealership 12 month extended warranty. Dealer is applying to Holden to have the remaining injectors changed out, but no loaner in the meantime - anyone else with an early VF2 SSV Redline has this issue?