Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service ESP.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

Brad094

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSvRedline
Hey guys I'm having the same problem. Service esp and the engine is definetly missing.
I have replaced the spark plugs, leads, i have a brand new air filter, checked the ecu ( its was fine) and i got the injectors flow tested.
One injector came back with an open circuit so I got it replaced as well.

However I'm still experiencing the same issue. The next thing I'm going to test is the coil packs, can anyone else help with other potential causes?

adrians101

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 vf2 redline ute
Hi All Im new to the forum... I have just returned from a holiday and started my 2015 vf2 rdline ute after 3 weeks sitting static. Got a couple of km's down the road and the traction control and engine warning light has come on, looks like this is a common problem? engine sounds rough when restarting it. will be taking it back to Holden asap to find the cause issue. Have had a couple issues with this car from new from wheel balances every few months with tyres outside wearing, ac not working, x2 overheating failures and have loose the screen display every couple of months... Was thinking im in trouble with an engine alarm now. Just hit 91000km

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
I though I'd share my experience today. I had a Service ESP warning with a check engine light this morning. The engine would start but was running rough. I ran my HPTuners scan tool and got a Cylinder 2 injector Open Circuit error P0202 and Cylinder 2 Misfire detected P0302. I disconnected the connector to injector 2 and cleaned the contacts. Reconnected and started the engine. Started without a misfire, but the check engine error light was still on. Using the scan tool I cleared the DTC errors and restarted the engine. No Service ESP error and No Check engine light. In my case it was a bad connection on the fuel injector.

adrians101

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 vf2 redline ute
Thanks Holden... I at least got 2 months without the service esp alarm but it is back again. The cause for my last esp alarm was put down to a failed cylinder 4 injector, my car is back at holden with a failed 4 injector again... Will be interesting to see what they find this time??

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
from what i understand they are replacing all injectors when this occurs now (when they are at fault)
previously they were only replacing the injector at fault.

Brooke_g

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden Commodore SS V VF Series II Auto MY16
Hey guys!

Similar thing happened to me on Thursday last week...Engine light came on when I started it, followed by traction control light and Service ESP displayed on dash. Car was idling really rough and was very clunky when slowing down.

I dropped it off at the mechanics that day. Mechanic thought it could be 1 of 3 things, spark plugs, leads or coil pack. When he called later in the day he thought maybe was a combo of spark plugs and bad fuel and was trying that first.

Anyways picked it up Friday afternoon with new spark plugs and a fuel injector cleaner run through it and new fuel.

Drove it around all Friday afternoon and a ran a few errands on Saturday with no issues. Sunday morning I start it up and it sounded off, reversed out of driveway, got to the end of the street and engine light came on along with service esp and traction control light.:(

I've only had the car since April 17 this year. It's a 2015 Holden Commodore SS V VF Series II with only 30700kms on it! 8 months out of warranty :oops:

Sounds pretty similar to your issue Dacommomwhore?? How much was yours to fix?

Anyone else have the same issue??

Am I better off taking the car to Holden? Or can any mechanic fix it? I took it to the place nearest to me because I was worried about driving it with the engine light on.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I don't know much about cars. :p

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hey guys!
Similar thing happened to me on Thursday last week...Engine light came on when I started it, followed by traction control light and Service ESP displayed on dash. Car was idling really rough and was very clunky when slowing down.
I dropped it off at the mechanics that day. Mechanic thought it could be 1 of 3 things, spark plugs, leads or coil pack. When he called later in the day he thought maybe was a combo of spark plugs and bad fuel and was trying that first.
Anyways picked it up Friday afternoon with new spark plugs and a fuel injector cleaner run through it and new fuel.
Drove it around all Friday afternoon and a ran a few errands on Saturday with no issues. Sunday morning I start it up and it sounded off, reversed out of driveway, got to the end of the street and engine light came on along with service esp and traction control light.:(
I've only had the car since April 17 this year. It's a 2015 Holden Commodore SS V VF Series II with only 30700kms on it! 8 months out of warranty :oops:
Sounds pretty similar to your issue Dacommomwhore?? How much was yours to fix?
Anyone else have the same issue??
Am I better off taking the car to Holden? Or can any mechanic fix it? I took it to the place nearest to me because I was worried about driving it with the engine light on.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I don't know much about cars. :p

Take it to a mechanic who will use a scan tool to read the error code, rather then second guessing. This will point he or she in the right direction. If the code is misfire/injector, then take it back to a Holden Dealer. VF2's LS3s are suffering from injector issues, which Holden knows about and is trying to rectify. Even out of warranty, Holden should/will cover injectors if that is the issue.

Last edited:

Brooke_g

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden Commodore SS V VF Series II Auto MY16
Take it to a mechanic who will use a scan tool to read the error code, rather then second guessing. This will point he or she in the right direction. If the code is misfire/injector, then take it back to a Holden Dealer. VF2's are suffering from injector issues, which Holden knows about and is trying to rectify. Even out of warranty, Holden should/will cover injectors if that is the issue.

Thanks so much for the advice I really appreciate it :)