Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service front camera

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi all my dash is saying service front camera and the collision alert and lane guidance is unavailable I have cleaned the windshield and I will be trying disconnecting the battery soon is there anything else I can do to try and fix this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
quick update i removed the plastic trim around the camera and found that the camera had come out of its seat and was misaligned i have reseated it and still have the service front camera error message

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
As the camera has been upset, I’d guess the DTC need to be cleared but maybe the camera also needs a calibration.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I just tried disconnecting the battery for 30min and cleaning the glass on the inside behind the camera is there anything else I can do? I really dont want to spend $$ at the dealership

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Try clearing the fault codes with an obd tool?.

The problem might be more than just the camera moving.
Depending on the age of your vehicle you could be covered under acl because that camera not being mounted correctly is a manufacturing defect and it is a safety issue because it is on one of the vehicles safety systems so the dealer might just fix it without charge.

I would enquire with the dealer about it or maybe holden customer care(website) but do not tell them you opened it up.
I would put it back how you found it then take it to them.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
i doubt my discount ebay scantool will be able to reset it i might drive the car for a week and see if it fixes itself if not its the stealership for me

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
This article might provide some hints - https://gm-techlink.com/?p=7512
But I’m not sure if the calibration process for the Commodore requires a scan tool to initiate it, or if it happens automatically.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
This article might provide some hints - https://gm-techlink.com/?p=7512
But I’m not sure if the calibration process for the Commodore requires a scan tool to initiate it, or if it happens automatically.

thanks that's very interesting i much rather buy the tool rather that pay people for the service much better because then i can keep the tool after!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@justice4all3000 does your cheap ebay OBD scanner connect to your phone app and also to the car?

If it does, are their any DTC (both hard and pending fault codes). The existence or not of a fault codes is the only relevant point. It tells us one of two things: either there are fault codes (which would be useful) or that there may be fault codes within some module that your OBD scanner can’t detect (which also would be interesting to know).

Form the great link @chrisp posted, it’s clearly stated that calibration process will not start automatically using SPS and must be initiated with GDS2. Being that the commodore is a GM product, I doubt they reinvented the wheel here so it would almost certainly be the same.

VF is GDS2 base as I understand. Buying a clone GM MDI with GDS2 software and a GM subscription should allow you to sort this out yourself..... assuming the s/w is well written and guides you through the required actions.

How much it will cost for a decent clone, I’m not sure, but I’ve never liked subscription based systems... I’ll likely go down this route when my toy is past warranty.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
@justice4all3000 does your cheap ebay OBD scanner connect to your phone app and also to the car?

If it does, are their any DTC (both hard and pending fault codes). The existence or not of a fault codes is the only relevant point. It tells us one of two things: either there are fault codes (which would be useful) or that there may be fault codes within some module that your OBD scanner can’t detect (which also would be interesting to know).

Form the great link @chrisp posted, it’s clearly stated that calibration process will not start automatically using SPS and must be initiated with GDS2. Being that the commodore is a GM product, I doubt they reinvented the wheel here so it would almost certainly be the same.

VF is GDS2 base as I understand. Buying a clone GM MDI with GDS2 software and a GM subscription should allow you to sort this out yourself..... assuming the s/w is well written and guides you through the required actions.

How much it will cost for a decent clone, I’m not sure, but I’ve never liked subscription based systems... I’ll likely go down this route when my toy is past warranty.

my scanner is a bluetooth one i checked for codes with the android app torque no codes found i wounder how much the subscription costs