Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Handbrake Light Was On

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
Got in the car this morning and the orange service handbrake light was on. Disenagegd the handbrake and drove to work and hasnt come back on again. Should I be concerned? or see if it appears again?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
R U N , R U N F A S T , T H E S K Y I S A B O U T T O F A L L :p

Seriously, it’s probably not an immediate issue unless it reoccurs. When was the last time you had the hand brake looked at?

Also, read this thread as it’s of interest.

Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
In that referred thread about calibrating the EPB, an anomaly strikes me (maybe I'm missing something). Ignition with the VF SII is by one-touch/instant start button (this was pointed out and demonstrated to me on delivery of my car), and the following line strikes me as an oddity:

* turn on ignition but don't start the engine

But obviously there must be an ACC/ON as part of the process? One press starts my engine, another press stops it...

Anyhow, the EPB would be checked at scheduled service intervals (9 months/15,000km)?. It's on the pre-delivery check of my car which has rows and rows of checks and ticks.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
* turn on ignition but don't start the engine

But obviously there must be an ACC/ON as part of the process? One press starts my engine, another press stops it...

If you don’t have your foot on the brake (or clutch?) pedal when you push the ‘start’ button, it’ll go to ‘accessory’.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you don’t have your foot on the brake (or clutch?) pedal when you push the ‘start’ button, it’ll go to ‘accessory’.

Good-o! Sorted! :rolleyes:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
manual foot on brake and press for accessory, depress clutch and press to start.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... But obviously there must be an ACC/ON as part of the process? One press starts my engine, another press stops it...

Anyhow, the EPB would be checked at scheduled service intervals (9 months/15,000km)?. It's on the pre-delivery check of my car which has rows and rows of checks and ticks.
As others have mentioned, foot off brake and press button gets your auto in ACC mode.

With respect to rows and rows of checks and ticks on a piece of paper, I have caught out the service guys being tick happy a number of times while being slack in the actual work done during service. Sadly, sometimes ticks are just that, ticks on a piece of paper :(

Why is it seemingly so difficult to find honest dealer service departments (rhetorical)?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
With respect to rows and rows of checks and ticks on a piece of paper, I have caught out the service guys being tick happy a number of times while being slack in the actual work done during service. Sadly, sometimes ticks are just that, ticks on a piece of paper :(

I was present in the workshop and Service Reception area when all the checks, requested by me, were carried out. This is because the car was previously owned by the Sisters of God in country Victoria and I wanted to ensure there was nothing they have overlooked in servicing (absolutely nothing and serviced right on the dot when due -- good girls!!). One has to ask (and we certainly did!) why the lassies are ripping around the Gold Rush-era streets in a chilli red car with drainpipe exhuasts... possibly slipping into, ah...erm... bad habits <*cough*>:confused: