Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

service light

K

ken_stokes

On a vz commodore dose anyone know how to reset to service light, I know it done throught the mode control on the dash, but when I get to confirmation part can't get passed that point, not the same as in a VU.

cold_carve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS 6sp Manual
cant quite remember... been a while since ive done it but its either both arrow buttons pressed or the menu and set buttons pressed, hold and then turn on ignition... service reset submenu will apear on dash... navigate and reset... turn off and then on the ignition to varify reset.
the other proceedure allows you to view what software version you vehicles computer is running

zforum69

Reaction score
ken_stokes said:
On a vz commodore dose anyone know how to reset to service light, I know it done throught the mode control on the dash, but when I get to confirmation part can't get passed that point, not the same as in a VU.
After holding the two arrow buttons down while you turn on the ignition, Hold down the set button for about 10s to reset the service.

Z

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
Works on the VY but wont on my VZ ?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Can be confusing for DIY; take chariot to techie; he/she will plug in the tech instrument and after a few "handshakes" that (along with many other options) can be easily reset. It's just a courtesy reminder and not actually a warning of impending doom — unless you get the "Check engine" lamp and multiple other warnings! :hmmm: I much prefer to see how things are done using the Tech2 instrument as the Mode UP/DOWN buttons procedure isn't very exciting...

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Press up & down arrows together then turn ignition on
when beep sounds release arrows and press set and hold till "No Item"
All done

kurt79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz s/pack 3.6L v6 ute
im a mechanic and all you do is hold the two arrow buttons in on your dash control (ignition off) then while still holding them in turn your ignition/reds on and continue to hold them in until the dash display comes up with a reset request then hold the set button in until it beeps and your done... just remember if its coming up with a service schedule and you havnt serviced your car in a long time, its a sign from god haha

jaco99

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vt ex
ive got a vz ss 04 model and i hold the two arrow keys and i come to the reset service, i push the mode button, then it comes up with awaiting confirmation, ive tried holding all the buttons, pushing every single one of them, turning the car on, turning it off, nothing, i cant get rid of the 140,000 service light

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
  1. Ignition OFF.
  2. Press and hold both UP and DOWN buttons on the trip computer.
  3. Turn ignition ON and continue holding the buttons for 3 seconds, then release.
  4. Press MODE button until next service is shown.
  5. Press and hold both UP and Down buttons until the display stops flashing.
  6. Turn the ignition OFF then ON again.
  7. Operation is complete.

jaco99

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vt ex
nope, i just stays on the awaiting confirmation. after step 4