Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

service manual / ripshifter

Rucker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss Ute
Hi guys.

Does anyone know where i can download a copy of the Holden service manual. I am thinking of fitting a GM Motorsport rip shifter but want to look at how much is involved in doing it first. does anyone on her have one of these and what do you think?

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Post deleted due to being unethical:dance::bang:

Last edited:

Rucker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss Ute
hey m8 that download will not work. when ever try to download it i just get a blank explorer page.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Works for me. Quite a few people on the forum have them and have installed themselves so it can't be that hard. Maybe just a get a mechanic to do it if your unsure.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I have a ripshift and installed the badboy myself. It's not that hard to do and the rip is an awesome product, i highly recommend it. Detailed installation instructions come with it when you buy it so you can look at them and decide if you want to go ahead or get it fitted elsewhere.

Rucker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss Ute
Forgot to mention, click on the my ride link in my sig, i posted some pics of the install so it'll give you an idea.
hey thanks for that m8.

looks good and not to difficult. how much work did you have to do under the car? Mine is quite low so not sure how i will go working under it.

have you tried any of the other brands of shifters? i am also looking at the billet shifter and cannot make up my mind.

has anyone tried both and got any feedback for me?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
You can download it from a torrent site such as

File Download VT - VY Series II Manual - Torrent Reactor NET NB: Original Link removed!

Only a smallish dfownload.

I however don't have the ripshifter so can't help you with that.
Firstly, you MIGHT want to re-read the rules abouto posting here in JC, in particular point 5 or 6 from memory! That is in breach of copyright laws.

Secondly, it's not actually the Holden Service Manual. The official Holden Service Manual is a LOT bigger, the VT-VX series from Holden only just fits on a whole CD (650MB i think). That's the Holden Service manual with many many details on it. ALMOST anything you could want is somewhere there.

EDIT: This is what you mighe be after: http://www.ripshift.com/rip_install.html

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
hey thanks for that m8.

looks good and not to difficult. how much work did you have to do under the car? Mine is quite low so not sure how i will go working under it.

have you tried any of the other brands of shifters? i am also looking at the billet shifter and cannot make up my mind.

has anyone tried both and got any feedback for me?

You have to drop the trans down a tad by loosening the bolts and letting it drop slightly.
Lol, i wrestled with the decision myself about billet and rip. My brother had a rip in his so i got to test drive it first and was sold on it. I read lots of reviews and spoke to alot of guys and it was very much a 50-50 split between the two. Comes down to personal choice. If you can test drive both ideally that would be the go but if that's not possible don't stress, you won't make a bad choice.;)
Danja is getting a billet for his but i don't think he has it yet. Shoot him a pm and suss him out.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Firstly, you MIGHT want to re-read the rules abouto posting here in JC, in particular point 5 or 6 from memory! That is in breach of copyright laws.

Secondly, it's not actually the Holden Service Manual. The official Holden Service Manual is a LOT bigger, the VT-VX series from Holden only just fits on a whole CD (650MB i think). That's the Holden Service manual with many many details on it. ALMOST anything you could want is somewhere there.

EDIT: This is what you mighe be after: Welcome To Ripshift - Australia's Fastest Manual Shifter

Sorry wise old one.

Post deleted.:thumbsup: