Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Vehicle Soon Warning

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
hi guys , today while pulling into the supermarket , had just backed into parking space , the SVS warning appeared , so when I re started the warning re appeared on the car I pressed the mode button and the warning went away and the SVS light was on on the bottom of the screen , so after a few seconds of driving the SVS light went away , but the warning appears when I start the car but does go away after I do the preceding steps , I'm thinking oil pressure sensor gone haywire, hope that makes sense

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
hi guys , today while pulling into the supermarket , had just backed into parking space , the SVS warning appeared , so when I re started the warning re appeared on the car I pressed the mode button and the warning went away and the SVS light was on on the bottom of the screen , so after a few seconds of driving the SVS light went away , but the warning appears when I start the car but does go away after I do the preceding steps , I'm thinking oil pressure sensor gone haywire, hope that makes sense

I had similar issue in my old VZ, it was the oil pressure sensor. You can confirm with a scan tool

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had similar issue in my old VZ, it was the oil pressure sensor. You can confirm with a scan tool

I'm going to get it looked at this week , comes on while car is idling too . thanks for your reply

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s a cheap sensor to replace. Easy as well.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
are they able to be cleaned , rather than replaced ? I’m guessing there is no way to check either if it’s buggered ,if you don't have the right equipment

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
They cost like $30 and take 5mins to change.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you see the timing chain post by the new member? Was fully sick.
De-gummed the engine with some ballsy methods, that do make logical sense looking back at it and proof it works without side affects.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you see the timing chain post by the new member? Was fully sick.
De-gummed the engine with some ballsy methods, that do make logical sense looking back at it and proof it works without side affects.

Didn’t see that one , I’ll do a search day some point, just read it bbq cleaner sweet , who’d have thunk it

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Quick update. , just had the check oil warning on dash , level is fine , I’m guessing if sensor is toast I’ll give a false warning

Last edited: