Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Servicing Cost

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hey there Guys,
I'm due for a service in the next week or so, I just rang up Metro Holden to find a major service is $285 which I'm OK with but if they were to use synthetic like in the HSV's he said it was another $70 - $80 on top of the $285, that I do have a problem with as that to me is robbery.

Any idea's? Do I simply supply my own oil? Chances are they probably won't adjust the $285.

Thanks.

Cheers
Darren

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Darren said:
I'm due for a service in the next week or so, I just rang up Metro Holden to find a major service is $285 which I'm OK with but if they were to use synthetic like in the HSV's he said it was another $70 - $80 on top of the $285, that I do have a problem with as that to me is robbery.

I just paid $400 for a major service, but mine is a V8. Another guy in the office who drives a Nissan said that is the price he pays for a minor service.

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
Dude how'd you get a service this cheap.

I battle to get the VY servicing below $330 ever. And thats with fleet discount on the V6's. Don't even mention the Fleet Gen3's.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
A minor service with synthetics for my gen 3 is $165. I havent had a major yet so Im not sure on the cost of that. I would find out what oil they are using & get a price from an outlet. Synthetic gear oils used to be costly but they werent $8 a litre.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well it does appear as though I should NOT be whinging going by some of the prices, I just rang where I bought my car (Metro Holden down at Thebarton in Adelaide).

They are using Mobil 1, same as what they use the HSV's, so someone in between $50 - $70 through Sprint or $80 through Repco.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
if your going to buy mobil 1 buy it form a mobil servo because they dont ahve the store markup on the oil;) just a tip

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
a mobil servo??? they dont have to pay people to sell their products... trust me our service department does this everytime we need mobil1 for customers cars works out about $5 cheaper everytime....i dont know why its so much for just a simple lube change tho???

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
It is a conspiracy

These Holden Dealers have had it too good for too long. There has been a few threads on the topic of service costs and they all say the same thing- Holden are ripping off the consumer.

As I mentioned in another thread, I got a quote from Holden for a major service ($400 and something...) and Midas were half including semi-synthetic. They provide a stamped book service as do most other registered mechanical shops, for far less than Holden and they provided a comprensive inspection report.

My 3 year service was recently performed by Holden, which is a minor service (oil, oil filter and tyre rotation plus inspection). It was $200 and they did not rotate the tyres, did not report on the brake wear and left the car unwashed (previously always washed).

I am one customer they won't see again.:b:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I know I have a VX, but my major service costs $170 and a minor about $140. Local mechanic that still stamps the book. It's way out of warranty now so I dunno if that would of been affected originally, but $400 is WAY overpriced for the work that they do.