Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Servicing unknown transmission

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Thought I would post this before people start changing there transmission fluid.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not sure what to think of the info in that Vid. A bloke on here a while had a slipping trans on his V8 Stato. A simple service fixed all his problems. I never touch the trans on my ute instead I pay to have it done. Most trans places I have used seem to be of the opinion that flushing is a PITA. Instead they seem to opt for shorter service intervals, until the fluid starts looking better. Personally I like the idea of starting with all new fluid but NFI if it is a good idea or not really.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Not sure what to think of the info in that Vid. A bloke on here a while had a slipping trans on his V8 Stato. A simple service fixed all his problems. I never touch the trans on my ute instead I pay to have it done. Most trans places I have used seem to be of the opinion that flushing is a PITA. Instead they seem to opt for shorter service intervals, until the fluid starts looking better. Personally I like the idea of starting with all new fluid but NFI if it is a good idea or not really.
You need some old oil in there. Engines are the same you most engines the sump will hold a few hundred mil of oil. On some mercs the torque converter has a drain plug too which is nice.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute

Most likely his problem was a damage filter seal or low on fluid, I have a test mule which is a vy V6 Auto it has 300000k's on it, the transmission has never been serviced and the fluid looks like black oil with sand in it, it doesn't slip and shifts perfectly.