Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

setting a ford owner right(hopefully)

R

rattattack1313

I think F%@d pay for the advertising mate.................

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
Guys, as much as I am a Holden fan (go Richo!), thank Christ we are seeing a few different people up front now. I know it's not ideal that these are predominantly Ford people, but I have to admit I was tiring of watching Skaifey kick everyone's arse each weekend, especially when I wanted to see another Holden up there instead (Perkins / Ingall for eg).
I think it's worth noting that it's really only a couple of Fords that are up there each time, the rest are still as crap as they were when they had the AU. Like the rest of you I'm sick of the P word as well, but since Project Blueprint there hasn't been any real whinging form either side (except for Mark Larkham who still seems to think the BA needs a bigger front wing!!!) and if anyone has a right to feel more disadvantaged it'd have to be the Holden teams with having to get used to the Ford front end, but unlike the Fords, we've heard not a whimper which is good for the sport, it shows we're capeable of getting on with the job, and I think if you look at who the front runners are, most still seem to be Holdens. As for having to change the design of the Holden "front bumper"- it's been the same since VT and that was pretty much the same as what VR and VS were using, altough at times they've had to trim 100mm from the undertray to try and create parity. The AU adoted the VT style front bumper to try to help it's poor front aero and to also help avoid the problem of the whole thing coming adrift every time a Falcon went off the track.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
rattattack1313 said:
I think F%@d pay for the advertising mate.................

I know, but still, it looks as dodgy as Hell...

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
Does anyone remember the Tickford 500 at Sandown a few years ago?
Brilliant move by Holden / HSV at the time - not only was there a big display on of HSV's and a shed load of advertising all round the track for HSV, but at every add break on tv there were Holden adds leading into and out of the commercials.
I think perhaps Ford might have finally learnt it's lesson, and let's face it when you're behind both Holden and Toyota in the sales race (and your performance arm (FPV) needs to fudge the figures to try and claim a win over HSV) you probably need to run as much advertising as you can...

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I remember seeing an ad saying that the Ford Falcon XR8 is apparently a "Lion Tamer"..... :bang:

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
Yeah, remember that. That rates up there with the Ford dealer in High St Preston borrowing the "Game Over" slogan from the Monaro ads and having it painted on his office windows when the BA came out. Not sure who he thought he was kidding...

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
it's not just the suspension guys is also the motors as well holden are forced to use a new type of block absolutely identicle to the ford block in bore and stroke and degree of the V etc. I remember I was at the sandown 500 in 2003 and Skaifey won with the old engine after using the new engine all season and finishing poorly. So they have turned our beloved commodores into fords and there are more rule changes to come..... the only things that will be seperating the brands will be the body shells. Control componens for everyone. I hink its a real shame wha hey're doing to our premium motorsport in this country.

*Bows head in rememberance for the original V8 supercars*

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
perkins said:
I think it's worth noting that it's really only a couple of Fords that are up there each time, the rest are still as crap as they were when they had the AU.

Ambrose, Ingall and Lowndes - All three are running Stone Brothers built engines..

However I disagree with the whole thing, running 5 litres? We have freakin' 6 litre engines now (and ford have 5.4 lol, well it's meant to compete right).. would love to see a change to the actual blocks that are in the cars, then I think it would return to being Holden dominated (the way I like it).. or maybe if ford decides to release a coupe one day we could have a new motorsport to compete with AVESCO where they run Monaros and ford coupes. :unsure:

JUST MY THOUGHTS!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i agree with the ford advertising rights post, has anyone noticed that in the last few races Ambrose has pushed skaife off the track and nothnig was done about it, i fully agree that holden needs to get the 6 litre engine in and start smashing ford.

A

AUIIXR

big_stretch said:
i agree with the ford advertising rights post, has anyone noticed that in the last few races Ambrose has pushed skaife off the track and nothnig was done about it, i fully agree that holden needs to get the 6 litre engine in and start smashing ford.
M8 u mustnt know much about V8's wen u say that they should put the 6L in the v8's all V8 supercars are and have been since they started retricted to 5000cc