Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shafted by Local Major Autoshop

holdenvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
Hi everybody .. sorry for late reply .
The vehicle continued to play up .. a warning noise sounded and an engine / gearbox icon flashed whilst driving several times .
Each time I put a litre of oil in gearbox .. and car drove good for approx 100kms at a time .
Then after filling up the last time .. it stopped playing up .. and I haven’t added gearbox oil since .
But the really odd thing to me is approx 1000 km after this ( I now drive 50km round trip to a new job each day ) the gearbox oil spurted out the dip stick once again .
It did this again whilst I reversed .
But this time I added no oil .
Approx 800 km later the gearbox runs smoothly with no issues .
So it went from leaking oil and trailing until warm .. to the bottom sump bolts being tightened then oil spurting from dip stick ..to needing oil added .. just to get home … every third day .. to suddenly not needing oil at all .. to oil spurting out of dipstick only once more after approx 1000km when using reverse gear … to the present no oil added since then at all .. and gearbox running like new .
Beats me .. but very happy .
Would like to know what a VY 1993 11 commodore wagon is worth ..
152000km minimal rust ( body straight 90%) major service completed last October.. gearbox issue appears to be sorted fingers crossed .
Straight interior no tears or rips .
Dash lcd is leaking against glass.
Would like to swap for a KLR 650 Kawasaki motorbike 2012 onwards in VGC .
These wagons will be worth good money soon .. but I want a bike .
Cheers

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi everybody .. sorry for late reply .
The vehicle continued to play up .. a warning noise sounded and an engine / gearbox icon flashed whilst driving several times .
Each time I put a litre of oil in gearbox .. and car drove good for approx 100kms at a time .
Then after filling up the last time .. it stopped playing up .. and I haven’t added gearbox oil since .
But the really odd thing to me is approx 1000 km after this ( I now drive 50km round trip to a new job each day ) the gearbox oil spurted out the dip stick once again .
It did this again whilst I reversed .
But this time I added no oil .
Approx 800 km later the gearbox runs smoothly with no issues .
So it went from leaking oil and trailing until warm .. to the bottom sump bolts being tightened then oil spurting from dip stick ..to needing oil added .. just to get home … every third day .. to suddenly not needing oil at all .. to oil spurting out of dipstick only once more after approx 1000km when using reverse gear … to the present no oil added since then at all .. and gearbox running like new .
Beats me .. but very happy .
Would like to know what a VY 1993 11 commodore wagon is worth ..
152000km minimal rust ( body straight 90%) major service completed last October.. gearbox issue appears to be sorted fingers crossed .
Straight interior no tears or rips .
Dash lcd is leaking against glass.
Would like to swap for a KLR 650 Kawasaki motorbike 2012 onwards in VGC .
These wagons will be worth good money soon .. but I want a bike .
Cheers

I bought my VY in the middle of the covid tax crud, with 275,000, 2 months rego. had to do the LIM gasket all for $600.

I've only had to have the gearbox serviced and the regular oil servicing since....

What's yours worth...Around what I paid because you've had more trouble than what I have

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
There are 2010-12 VE Omega with reasonable km for under 10k. A VY wagon with an Eco will never be worth good money unless you're a buyer, looking for a daily workhorse with 800 bucks in your wallet