Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shaking front end 2001 vx

Ashley97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX EXECUTIVE
Hey guys ive got a 2001 vx and ive just replaced the lower control arms and all brakes and rotors but now i have a shake in the front end while driving i can feel it through the steering wheel and if i let go of the wheel i can see it what can cause this?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Loose bolts, stuff not installed right, poor workmanship, take your pick really.

Two options. Pull it all apart again and double check everything you did until you find up what is stuffed.
Or put it on a tow truck and let a mechanic look at it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Could be wheel balance an out of round tyre, dropped wheel weight from a wheel or even a split bush from replacing of the control arm

rcsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Jack it up have a good look at everything check nuts and bolts tight, pull and shake on the wheels with hands at 12 and 6 and then 9 and 3 (clock face positions). Are new brake rotors sitting on the hubs correctly, rust on the hubs can stop the rotors from sitting straight. Could be as simple as wheel nuts not done up evenly. Another thing to try is move tyres front to back. I had **** tyres on a car I bought and it did what yours is doing and that fixed it. I took it out to a back road and had fun and tore those cheap Chinese tyres up and got new ones. VR v6 wagon with 5speed manual and hard skinny Chinese tyres = FUN

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Was the shake there before? If not, it was probably defective parts and/or installation.