Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shaking Steering

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
cool
thanks heaps 4 ur help cause im out of ideas its not a bad shake but its just annoying 1 minute it will be fine then the next it will be doing it. the averge person probly wouldnt even worry about it but things like that piss me off my car is perfect. yeh the cost doesnt really bother me i just want it fixed but i dont want to spend it tho if its not the tyres im pretty sure it would be tho everything else has been looked at.
what would u do? id almost guarentee its not the car its a 2002 vx calais with 50 thou on the clock

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
We had a customer Ford BA XR6T had the very same problem as you a couple of years ago. He bought 4 Dunlop 3000A he had minor vibration problem through the steering wheel. We tried everything match mounted the tyres, finger balanced and we couldn't get rid of the vibration so we just chucked on four new tyres. Sent the old tyres back to Dunlop and problem fixed.

Dealing with Dunlop and Good Year are very easy because we are owned by South Pacific Tyres and the tyres are made in Melbourne, so if any of the tyres have manufacturing defaults we can claim the tyre like that.

With my experience that was only the problem with we ever we had an issue of them tyres and we sell them daily.

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
so wat kinda money am i looking at for 4 new tyres. can u tell me a few different brands and what they'd cost

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
Sorry I'll have to check at work for the prices because im not a sales person

Cheapest we have are a Sava Intensa which are made partly owned by Good Year, I had those on my 17's for a while average tyre nothing to flash about them but they it does the job pretty well. I actually had a Merc AMG come in last week with Savas the the customer wanted four more saying thats the tyres great, I was pretty supprised tho lol

Mid range would be a Good Year Eagle F1 or a Good Year Revspec both had great reviews by Wheels magazine which both won tyres of the year.

Top of the range are Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, its a pitty I havent tested those tyres out for myself yet but those tyres meant to stick like hell to anything dry/wet. I don't think theres a better tyre out there yet seriously...

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
thanks 4 ur help maybe im better going 4 like the bridgsotne turanza cause they r the factory fitted wheels and then i know my car wont miss behave with them. cause that what my stock 16's had and they were fine on the car