Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shaking/vibration at high speeds

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
So I’ve had 4 new kumho ecstas put in recently and the shop allegedly balanced all four when fitting them however when at speeds of 100-110 and above the car’s steering wheel vibrates and shakes left to right a lot. I’ve had sway bar links and bushes for front and rear replaced recently could that have maybe whacked my alignment and wheel balancing of my car?.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It should not have anything to do with the swaybars, but worth checking that the Sway Bar is centred on the car, not sitting more to the left or right side of the car. Then go back and tell the tyre guys there is a problem and all them to have a look

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So I’ve had 4 new kumho ecstas put in recently and the shop allegedly balanced all four when fitting them however when at speeds of 100-110 and above the car’s steering wheel vibrates and shakes left to right a lot. I’ve had sway bar links and bushes for front and rear replaced recently could that have maybe whacked my alignment and wheel balancing of my car?.

Alignment has nothing to do with steering wheel shakes.

Sounds like a tyre balancing issue....Take it back and get them to re-balance the wheels and check that the centre hub is free of debris so the rim is sitting flush on the hub