Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shame On You Holden

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I was reading in the Courier Mail (Queensland) yesterday about a bloke who bought a VY Clubsport a few or two ago. It was a limited edition, and bought it brand new off the lot. A few weeks later after realising the paint wasn't looking right, took it to a detailer, and had his suspicions confirmed. The car had been resprayed.

During dust storms, the car had apparently been damaged while sitting in the Holden lot. They simply resprayed it and sold it as new. Now this guy wants compensation, Holden are telling him to sit down and shut up, and his last option is to sue them.

I think loyal fans like this guy shouldn't have to put up with such rubbish from Holden. They should be ashamed of themselves.

W

wilksie

thats pretty crappy i would seriously think about parking it outside the dealership with some big signs on it exclamating my disgust even better if you can get some wheel clamps for that untowable effect

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Forgot to mention - the dealership that sold him the car didn't even know about the respray.

R

Robbie

WHAT THE?!?!?!?!? That's low.

So who actually resprayed it?

R

Robbie

before delivery to the yard?

You'd be pissed off with that. Surely he can get something done about it!

T

tonysoprano

A friend of mine went to a camp for "troubled teenagers" back in 1994. It was near northam in wa. Anyway, the kids were walking along a cliff face and down below was a train track. A train came along carrying hundreds of band new vr commodores, and being "troubled" teens they couldn't resist throwing stones down onto the nice new cars. What started as stones and some broken windscreens and scratched paintwork quickly turned into very large stones and boulders ect. They were going straight through the roof of the cars.

The poor train driver would have got a nasty shock when the cars eventually arrived in Perth. The point of the story is, What ever happened to thos cars?? After hearing the above story i wouldn't be suprised if holden just fixed the damage and sold them as brand new cars.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
yes i remember the story of the vy it was on today tonight in wa last night

that was so wrong

not happy holden

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
That is piss poor, I do wonder if the dealer was covering his own arse tho as dealers do.

Mike