Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shannons insurance

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I just need my ute to get to 15 years old so if some numpty writes me off I get to buy it back. I have too much in it to get just $25k back.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I just need my ute to get to 15 years old so if some numpty writes me off I get to buy it back. I have too much in it to get just $25k back.
I negotiated salvage rights with Shannons for that exact reason, if I crash it I don't even have to buy it back, they just give the wreck back.

I have more into the driveline etc than I'll ever get paid out for the car. If I crash it, I want all that back to put in something else.

I said to the shannons rep that was a deal breaker for me, if they couldn't do it I'd stay with Enthusiast and boy did hearing that get them to change their mind (they hate Enthusiast, much like me).

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

I negotiated salvage rights with Shannons for that exact reason, if I crash it I don't even have to buy it back, they just give the wreck back.

I have more into the driveline etc than I'll ever get paid out for the car. If I crash it, I want all that back to put in something else.

I said to the shannons rep that was a deal breaker for me, if they couldn't do it I'd stay with Enthusiast and boy did hearing that get them to change their mind (they hate Enthusiast, much like me).

how did you guys pull that off?
Shannon's gave that cover on the VK based on age, but when I asked that the Senator be the same, they said they cant as its restricted based on age (35+)

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Shannon's gave that cover on the VK based on age, but when I asked that the Senator be the same, they said they cant as its restricted based on age (35+)

Yep that was my experience with them when i asked about it also

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The good thing with Shannons is your ability to negotiate with their sales people, nothing is set in stone with them (values, benefits etc).

They are desperate to steal customers from their direct competitor (Enthusiast) and when I said during the quote it's a dealbreaker and I'll stay with Enthusiast who did give me salvage rights, he put me on hold for a few minutes and came back saying "Yep thats fine we can do that".

Seems it's not a hard and fast rule if you push them.