Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shannons insurance

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I got an email that Kogan Insurance has given up on car insurance, so I tried compare the market, and Google suggestions.

I entered my details and I now get lots of spam, text and email (and phone calls)

Aami was the cheapest quote and best cover, Shannons don't give any kind of quote until they chat on phone.

So I haven't had the call back, but I don't believe it was going to be cheaper or better than AAMI so I just paid it.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
So I haven't had the call back, but I don't believe it was going to be cheaper or better than AAMI so I just paid it.
Hmmm…I hope that doesn’t bite you on the arse, I saved around $500 and had a $30k higher valuation from Shannons went I left NRMA a few years back.

Everyone’s case is different but the general consensus is Shannons is pretty competitive.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone know who Shannon's use for windscreen replacement? I'd ring them but am not keen on letting on I want a new one until I know the claim will be approved. It might affect my policy if they knock me back, meaning I'd have to pay to have it rectified. .

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Anyone know who Shannon's use for windscreen replacement? I'd ring them but am not keen on letting on I want a new one until I know the claim will be approved. It might affect my policy if they knock me back, meaning I'd have to pay to have it rectified. .

screen isn't a standard inclusion afaik, not sure as well i've literally never had to replace a screen.

how much extra is it? I should probably have it on the VF as that is I believe a hella expensive screen (HUD).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't know if its extra but mine has it for one glass per year. It should say on your PDS, mine does.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Re- speeding fines....I don't recall being asked about any sorts of fines when I asked about a quote....I do recall being asked if I had been disqualified in the last 5 years or had any drink or drug driving convictions...

@losh1971 I'd be cautious querying to hard over a windscreen replacement with windscreen mobs....If you were to genuinely need a replacement real soon due to an unfortunate incident, they might see it being a little suspicious and knock back your claim.

And yes, you can have an unfortunate incident mowing the lawn that would definately require the windscreen replacement....But that's another story...:)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I’d also be asking what, if any, impact a seemingly innocuous claim for a windscreen may have on future policy ratings or premiums. Insurance companies rarely lose out so a cost of a minor claim may be recovered later in a premium increase.

You can always say that you suspect that you need a new windscreen but are uncertain as whether to just pay for it out of your own pocket or to claim it on insurance. Then ask the insurance company if such a claim would have any bearing on the cost of future premiums on your policy.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Don't know if its extra but mine has it for one glass per year. It should say on your PDS, mine does.
Ditto I've been wondering about this for the VR, mines covered in tiny tiny stone chips from highway use and on fresh paint it looks out of place.

Both my cars on shannons came with full excess free glass replacement not just windscreen meaning any window that gets damaged gets replaced whether it be hail or break in etc.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Chrisp, the cost of a windscreen is $350-$400 at Instant Windscreens. I doubt my premium will go up enough to cost me more than that over the next few years.

VC, I only enquired at Instant Windscreens. It turns out they are not the supplier for Shannons, so should be no issue there. I've been upfront and honest with my insurance Co and the Instant's so it won't be knocked back due to falsification. It will only be knocked back if the place I take it too, (not Instant's) for some reason tell my insurer that they don't deem it worthy of repair. Instants said it wasn't bad enough but they only saw one or two chips, not the other four or five.

Shannon's approved the replacement and I told them everything, and I assume calls are recorded, especially if they need evidence to refuse a claim.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Chrisp, the cost of a windscreen is $350-$400 at Instant Windscreens. I doubt my premium will go up enough to cost me more than that over the next few years.

VC, I only enquired at Instant Windscreens. It turns out they are not the supplier for Shannons, so should be no issue there. I've been upfront and honest with my insurance Co and the Instant's so it won't be knocked back due to falsification. It will only be knocked back if the place I take it too, (not Instant's) for some reason tell my insurer that they don't deem it worthy of repair. Instants said it wasn't bad enough but they only saw one or two chips, not the other four or five.

Shannon's approved the replacement and I told them everything, and I assume calls are recorded, especially if they need evidence to refuse a claim.

I wasn't insinuating you were going to do the wrong thing, so sorry if you got that impression....

If Shannons have approved the replacement, great....So is it you were enquiring as to what place actually deals with Shannons for you to proceed with the replacement?