Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sharing is caring Heres some pictures of me car

R

Risky

You should reverse the steering lock so the lock faces away from you. In the current position they're so easy to get off.

You must have a bit of crime there in the City of Churches if they like breaking into your car.

D

devilly

Cheers for that :) always better to be safer then sorry. probably a little over protective as my old car was broken into all the time.

i'm at the point where i think if i post a pic someone may copy it ,so i posted heaps to help and give others ideas :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Risky

We used to rip off steering locks when keys went missing or broke. Pulling them was easy.

Maybe a kill switch hidden under the dash might help. We used to have them in our old Kingwoods.

D

devilly

yes got one of those kill switches and gps tracking with mic so i can sms it and listen to my passengers talking :) or the criminals :) hehe.

when i got back to my old vc at the super market in the day time,someone had pulled my wiring loom and cut it left me a big old mess to fix. had 2 kill switches in this car

so when i got the vt first thing was security kill switches e.t.c. learnt from all the problems i had in the past :)

thanks heaps for how to put the steering lock on properly will give it a go today :)

D

devilly

thanks heaps Risky,i did what you said and put the steering lock the other way around :) it was a bit hard to get used to at first.

now it's easy as :)

put this on all 4 doors Pinchweld CAR Door Edge Protector Rubber Trim Seal 5mm X 8mm Sold P M Cheap Post | eBay

on the first pic i put spotlights on car this is where you can see i'm still trying to fix keyed paint work on passenger rear door:( lesson i learnt never by and unclean car.

Attachments

• SIDE view.JPG
    SIDE view.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 267
  • rear door.JPG
    rear door.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 242
  • extreme close up.JPG
    extreme close up.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 261
  • front door.jpg
    front door.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 252
R

Risky

Lol it's a bit of a pain but trust me, no bugger will be able to get it off.

I never thought that pinchwelds would look okay. Just as long as they do the job for you.

hahaha you should have seen my ute when I first looked at it. At the time we had 2 weeks worth of heavy rains & there was muck everywhere on the ute. Considering that the car yard had other Holden Utes for sale the one I bought was the better one.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ahhh not too bad the edge protectors.

D

devilly

im thinking if i ever am going to buy a car that's dirty, i'm grabbing a hose and washing it down. both back door scratched and on top of spoiler scratch nearly from start to finish of the panels.

but i'm heaps happy now with the car :) only took me 2 years of slowly fixing it up.

i decided that i'm never ever going to get my money back cars always drop to quickly in price but if i do the repairs myself and save money from labor cost,i will get it done sooner then later :)

learn a thing or too and try and end up with a reliable car that i can fix myself was the goal :)

best point is coming from a vc 202 to a vt 3.8 felt like i was driving a v8 on turbo :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Good way of thinking, just remember this most cars have very little to no residual value and depreciation is the biggest cost of ownership.