Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

She is not sounding healthy

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Some converter bolting action on a VF2 LS3 here. Nice series of DIY at home videos

At 1.29 he fits the starter. It looks like the starter is bolted to the engine.

I know ecotecs the starter is bolted to the engine.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I don't know if everyone is aware but there is an easy way of doing compression test on the VF2 .

If you press the on button with the accel. Pedal fully depressed. The ecu wont inject fuel and probably also cut spark . I am not sure.

It is a good trick if you need to pretend your car is not starting.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I don't know if everyone is aware but there is an easy way of doing compression test on the VF2 .

If you press the on button with the accel. Pedal fully depressed. The ecu wont inject fuel and probably also cut spark . I am not sure.

It is a good trick if you need to pretend your car is not starting.
try that with caution, the flood clear isnt always working on all ecu as i did try it with my VE and i can tell u im lucky i was quick on the key off

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
try that with caution, the flood clear isnt always working on all ecu as i did try it with my VE and i can tell u im lucky i was quick on the key off
I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. The most annoying part of the comp test is to remove the spark plugs. Disconnecting the main coil connector on each side and injectors is easy. And again thanks to Holden , i would be a good contestant in a injectors connectors disconecting competition.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. The most annoying part of the comp test is to remove the spark plugs. Disconnecting the main coil connector on each side and injectors is easy. And again thanks to Holden , i would be a good contestant in a injectors connectors disconecting competition.
or even easier just take the fuse out for the injectors/coils, i now know a dead cold engine does not sound good at high revs

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
But the flood clear does work on all VF’s ?

( really, i‘d have thought/hoped such a “flood clear” pedal floored method at start would have become a standard across all manufacturers, just like all accelerator pedals are on the left side of the pedal box )

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
But the flood clear does work on all VF’s ?

( really, i‘d have thought/hoped such a “flood clear” pedal floored method at start would have become a standard across all manufacturers, just like all accelerator pedals are on the left side of the pedal box )
not sure but the same settings are there on mine and they sure dont work (well technically would have cleared out any flood) so it just becomes are u willing to hold 100% throttle and turn ur engine on ? i have a key so i can quickly turn off but the VF i hope that button works just as fast if it dosnt work :eek:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
im also not sure why a efi engine would need a flood clear as it shouldnt be flooding in the first place as u dont use the throttle like carby to start it cold, if efi is flooding u have other issues to sort out

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
not sure but the same settings are there on mine and they sure dont work (well technically would have cleared out any flood) so it just becomes are u willing to hold 100% throttle and turn ur engine on ? i have a key so i can quickly turn off but the VF i hope that button works just as fast if it dosnt work :eek:
It turns off straight away, at least it did when i was doing the compression test. I didn't k ow about the flood clear at that time