Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift Kits? Which one?

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
TRANSGO are the best i think for a shift kit.

mine stage 2 is pretty firm, and when i select 1, it holds 1. select 2, it holds 2 etc.

perfect mix between manual and auto

But is the B&M one still alright? I'm only asking this cause if i get the B&M one i'll have enough cash to get a cooler and corvette servo but if i get the TRANSGO i won't have enough cash for a cooler and servo.

moogley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec,vr calais
soz to go off the point abit , but the guys at dtm in geelong (auto builders if you dont no) said that transgo are crap and also that i couldnt manualise a 4l60e ,are they right ?cus i have seen a stage 3 shift kit to suit a 4l60e and it said it was fully manualised

moogley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec,vr calais
theres a standard cooler which is just the trans lines running into the radiator but you can run a line from that to an after market cooler and run another line to the return ,i have this setup

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
theres a standard cooler which is just the trans lines running into the radiator but you can run a line from that to an after market cooler and run another line to the return ,i have this setup

Ok cool i will probably just do that then. Is your auto shift kitted? If so does it stay cool with that cooler set-up?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Thanks guys. How hard is it to install shift kits at home?

PITFA! I did a couple on a hoist and the boost valve did my head in the 1st time. I had to mod a set of outer circlip pliers to get the circlip out nicely. Study study and more study and it will work.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
But is the B&M one still alright? I'm only asking this cause if i get the B&M one i'll have enough cash to get a cooler and corvette servo but if i get the TRANSGO i won't have enough cash for a cooler and servo.

The Transgo kit is more costly because it has more stuff in it. The B&M kit has a few basic fixes but the Transgo kit is more of a balanced overall upgrade that is fully adjustable as to how hard or soft you want stuff happening.

The instructions are excellent and should be strictly adhered to for trans longevity and performance.

This lesson cost me a few grand lol

moogley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec,vr calais
sorry my trans isnt shift kitted but it stayed cool with this setup never had a problem with it

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
sorry my trans isnt shift kitted but it stayed cool with this setup never had a problem with it

A stock torque converter produces alot less heat than a higer stall aftermarket/ modified unit.

Mine is only abit higher but heated up like a bitch before I fitted an external cooler. Much less slip now!