Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift Kits? Which one?

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Hi guys, i am looking at shift kitting my auto. I have had a look on ebay but i don't know what type to get. I have put up some links to the ones im looking at so let me know if there the proper ones or if anyone can point me in the right direction? I don't want it to kick in to the next gear really hard, i just want it to be a bit firmer then it currently shifts. when changing it holds the rpm for a bit too long i think.

1- T700 B&M Shift Improver Kit VN TO VE commodore - eBay Other Performance Parts, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 21-Apr-09 10:09:05 AEST)

2- Shift Kit Suit HOLDEN 4L60e - VR VS VT VX VY V6 V8 GEN3 - eBay Automatic Transmission, Transmission, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 21-Apr-09 18:51:19 AEST)

3- TRANSGO SHIFT KIT STAGE 2 FOR 4L60E VR VS VT VX VY VZ - eBay Automatic Transmission, Transmission, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Apr-09 20:06:00 AEST)

Any help would be great! Cheers!

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
i am also curious on what shift kits actually do
i have heard of stage 1, 2, 3 but not sure what it means

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
transgo are quite good. id reccomend going with that.

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
Go transgo stage 2 kit thats what i got and it makes a hell of a lot of difference. i had to get my tranny rebuilt though because when i had a look at it there was too much wear and it would just break it lol. it allows you to use it like a sports manual. im chirpin 1-2 and 2-3 on a stock v6. make sure you get a corvett servo 2 im just about to upgrade to a supercharged v6 so im upgrading to a higher stall converter and probs a stage 3 kit.

in the end its better doing up an auto than swapping to a manual

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Stage 1: Makes it stronger. For things like towing
Stage 2: Makes it shift quicker. For racing
Stage 3: Turns your auto box into a clutchless manual. I mean ABSOLUTELY like a manual. If it's left in 3, you're in 3rd gear at the lights.

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Stage 1: Makes it stronger. For things like towing
Stage 2: Makes it shift quicker. For racing
Stage 3: Turns your auto box into a clutchless manual. I mean ABSOLUTELY like a manual. If it's left in 3, you're in 3rd gear at the lights.

Well would the B&M shift kit be good for me seeing as you can choose from stage 1 & 2? Because i drive my car every day i wouldn't really need the stage 2 all the time. What do yous think?

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
TRANSGO are the best i think for a shift kit.

mine stage 2 is pretty firm, and when i select 1, it holds 1. select 2, it holds 2 etc.

perfect mix between manual and auto

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
Go transgo stage 2 kit thats what i got and it makes a hell of a lot of difference. i had to get my tranny rebuilt though because when i had a look at it there was too much wear and it would just break it lol. it allows you to use it like a sports manual. im chirpin 1-2 and 2-3 on a stock v6. make sure you get a corvett servo 2 im just about to upgrade to a supercharged v6 so im upgrading to a higher stall converter and probs a stage 3 kit.

in the end its better doing up an auto than swapping to a manual

chirping 2-3? that doesnt sound right on a stock vt. unless you had some beef 2-3 springs.

my mate has an rvo 9sec auto, and it only 'just' chirps 3rd, if that. and thats an l67.

more power also = stronger shift